Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Germany, Slovenia, Austria and Crostia - again...

Hi, we are about to go there next week. I was considering to take in Austria the Glossglockner Hochalpenstrasse (high alpine road) which runs just a couple km more east and also arrives to Lienz

Did you consider that road? Or was it too crowded.. It's supposed to be very nice and you drive up to 2800m

Hello Zeratul, oh great news! Look forward to your review of the camp!

Yes, I once drove this Hochalpinstrasse. It was great! I remember that it was indeed very crowded (big and small campers, "normal" cars and bikes) and the price was pretty expensive (€35.-) or maybe I am just little spoiled because in Switzerland we only habe to pay once (CHF 40.-) and there are a lot of Alpine Streets (Gotthard, Furka, San Bernodino...)

However, take this wonderful road (maybe only on your way to Slovenia and then decide on your on if its worth driving it the other way too.

6574cdb47f776bce48c71fd9c4617770.jpg

76fea5bde01916c426a42cba0c9a1371.jpg

On our way home in Innsbruck (shopping mall sillpark) we found some t's and after a short stopp in Stein am Rhein
91c21d0b5bb7655fbe372f3ba4251601.png

12805a31c5b497748e5c2712040ef36e.png

we have our last stop in Huettenberg
dfdf984a4ff557820c55642bbf360279.jpg

So back home time to think about some items we used/we took on our 14day trip and never used once:

- Airvent for the slidingwindow next the sink: We used it in Camp Straško because we stayed there for 5 nights so it makes sens to me. Although I had to seal it with some scotch.
- Potti: Discussed befor and there are diff opinions. We used it quite often when travelling/driving around it was very useful.
- Kitchen/hob in CL Cali: We were happy to have water and a sink but never cooked or boiled something. We always used the cadac safari or went out for lunch/dinner: So a CL without gas hob but a sink would be perfect for summer (autumn/spring: i like to have a tea for breakfast)
- an extra gas bottle: was superb so we didn't have to change from the internal one in the rear cupboard
- more to come...

Last edited:
Hi, we are about to go there next week. I was considering to take in Austria the Glossglockner Hochalpenstrasse (high alpine road) which runs just a couple km more east and also arrives to Lienz

Did you consider that road? Or was it too crowded.. It's supposed to be very nice and you drive up to 2800m
Hi Zeratul,
Did you drive the Glossglockner pass and if yes, what was it like? Did you camp overnight up there?
Thanks
Ian

Back