Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting a Cali.... not quite decided on the spec!

Similar concept, the stuff I bought is a solid plastic mat about 60cm long, one for each wheel. If i remember rightly you should tie it to the rear of the vehicle with string so that once you're moving it follows you out of the mire! Not yet had to use it, I'm hoping its very presence is enough to ward off poor ground conditions...

Mmm that griptrak looks interesting... might have to get some just in case!

Although I slightly regret not holding out for a 4MOTION I keep reminding myself of the better economy and lower CO2 emissions.

Hopefully picking my Cali up end of next week!!

Off to Sagres in South Portugal at end of August for a few weeks and then anywhere in Europe for as long as we can with our 3 yr and 3 month children. Only thing is that I need a data connection wherever we go so I can still work!

ashleaf said:
Mmm that griptrak looks interesting... might have to get some just in case!

Although I slightly regret not holding out for a 4MOTION I keep reminding myself of the better economy and lower CO2 emissions.

Hopefully picking my Cali up end of next week!!

Off to Sagres in South Portugal at end of August for a few weeks and then anywhere in Europe for as long as we can with our 3 yr and 3 month children. Only thing is that I need a data connection wherever we go so I can still work!

Cool! Plotting similar next year but will also need to be able to do some work. We have a 1 and 3 year old and a dog. And a loads of surfboards...

LOVE surfing in Portugal!

KernowLad said:
Cool! Plotting similar next year but will also need to be able to do some work. We have a 1 and 3 year old and a dog. And a loads of surfboards...

LOVE surfing in Portugal!

I've not been to Portugal before and not been surfing for over 10 years....think it may be time to start!

Off to Sagres in South Portugal at end of August for a few weeks

I was in Sagres in March. Was very windy & good surfing, no I don't but others were.
There were quite a few motorhomes parked in a carpark in the town above the beach.

The fort is worth a look whilst there.

A few miles east there is a great beach free camp here 37.066611,-8.809126 (put co-ords into google maps). I was parked 4 metres from the sea !! Were about 15 motorhomes of varying shapes & sizes there.
Looking on Google maps there are probably other potential beach free camps near there.

Thanks Andy, that does look like a nice spot! We'll definitely be staying there at some point.

:grin: