Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting Android Auto working with broken touchscreen (digitiser)

Lewis

Lewis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I’ve recently switched phones and am having problems getting Android Auto to load on my 2016 Ocean.

I haven’t yet got round to repairing the broken screen (standard digitiser issue) as the infotaimment system has worked perfectly with Apple CarPlay and audio commands so I’ve not needed to use the touchscreen. I will now get it booked in for repair but if anyone has a work around that could help in the meantime I’d be grateful.

Apple CarPlay automatically loads when an iPhone is plugged in but Android Auto doesn’t with my Samsung phone and I get the screen in the image below suggesting it needs to be tapped to load. I also can’t load the settings or do a factory reset without tapping the screen.

Does anyone have any experience with an Android device in a similar situation that might get me going whilst waiting for a repair?

Thank you

IMG_6951.jpeg

I’ve recently switched phones and am having problems getting Android Auto to load on my 2016 Ocean.

I haven’t yet got round to repairing the broken screen (standard digitiser issue) as the infotaimment system has worked perfectly with Apple CarPlay and audio commands so I’ve not needed to use the touchscreen. I will now get it booked in for repair but if anyone has a work around that could help in the meantime I’d be grateful.

Apple CarPlay automatically loads when an iPhone is plugged in but Android Auto doesn’t with my Samsung phone and I get the screen in the image below suggesting it needs to be tapped to load. I also can’t load the settings or do a factory reset without tapping the screen.

Does anyone have any experience with an Android device in a similar situation that might get me going whilst waiting for a repair?

Thank you

View attachment 126696
We had something very similar. The centre 1/3 section of the digitizer seemed to prevent us selecting the touch buttons. However we could just select the extreme edge of the button to allow it to activate the soft button.
The unit has just been replaced on the VW all in policy saving us the huge cost.

Mine like almost all others failed at similar age.

No suggestions for pre fix work arounds, some times it worked, most of the time got stuck trying to get onto Android Auto.

It really is a simple DIY fix if you are handy with small screwdrivers/ basic plug and play electronic components.

Just to revisit this, I got the repair done yesterday at VW Retrofit in Redditch. Took under an hour and works a treat. Sharing this as I believe it's a better price than some other providers at £165+VAT

Thank you

View attachment 126696
I know that you have now had your digitiser fixed, but for any others in the same position, I discovered (before having my screen fixed) that you can scroll through options on the screen by turning the right radio button and you can select an option by pressing the button.

I know that you have now had your digitiser fixed, but for any others in the same position, I discovered (before having my screen fixed) that you can scroll through options on the screen by turning the right radio button and you can select an option by pressing the button.
But not all sub menus work that way once you are in a "button" selected area

Back