Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GG600 and mountain bike storage..?

Hi, they are 1000mm sliders. Any longer and they were going to hit the cover that runs across the floor. I just extended and raised the inner part of the tray beyond the back of them.
My original plan was to leave the rear wheels on and raise the bed but my wife has a (non negotionable) requirement to be able to drink a cup of tea sitting upright in bed.
I hadn’t thought of doing high level sliders though, looks neat.
Oh nice. (I can get 53mm wide - 1000mm sliders locally, but 1100 or longer are 76mm wide and need to cut the doors back - less than ideal :S)

The high level sliders work well from a fitting wheels while on the rack, but in reality its proving a bit of a pain actually getting the bike up onto it - and you don't have the 'tray' to put other pieces on (helmets/gloves etc) - hence revisiting and looking to do a canterleved tray.

The 100mm bed lift - can drink coffee while in bed reclining on pillows (wife is not vertically gifted) - but has opened a new issue - now needing a step to get into bed.

Hi, they are 1000mm sliders. Any longer and they were going to hit the cover that runs across the floor. I just extended and raised the inner part of the tray beyond the back of them.
My original plan was to leave the rear wheels on and raise the bed but my wife has a (non negotionable) requirement to be able to drink a cup of tea sitting upright in bed.
I hadn’t thought of doing high level sliders though, looks neat.
Hello Glassy
Very nice realization and especially very practical
You mention "on a homemade slide out"
I would like to make the same kind of drawers for storage boxes
My bikes are transported on a bike carrier attached to the hitch :
What materials did you use to make this drawer on slide?
The central part is made of wood or metal (aluminum)?
Thanks

Hello Glassy
Very nice realization and especially very practical
You mention "on a homemade slide out"
I would like to make the same kind of drawers for storage boxes
My bikes are transported on a bike carrier attached to the hitch :
What materials did you use to make this drawer on slide?
The central part is made of wood or metal (aluminum)?
Thanks
Hi,
The tray is 18mn plywood. The sides were 50mm x 20mm but I had to run them through a table saw to make them narrow enough to clear the tailgate lip. 40mm would have been better.
The end of the tray that is closer to the middle of the van is nice and stiff because of the cross bracing. There is a small extra strip of 12mm plywood on the tray near the rear doors. Without that extra strip the plywood had noticeable flex. With it, it is strong enough for me to stand on.
If I were to make it again I would cover it with vinyl rather than carpet to make cleaning a bit easier.
Cheers, Andy

Hi,
The tray is 18mn plywood. The sides were 50mm x 20mm but I had to run them through a table saw to make them narrow enough to clear the tailgate lip. 40mm would have been better.
The end of the tray that is closer to the middle of the van is nice and stiff because of the cross bracing. There is a small extra strip of 12mm plywood on the tray near the rear doors. Without that extra strip the plywood had noticeable flex. With it, it is strong enough for me to stand on.
If I were to make it again I would cover it with vinyl rather than carpet to make cleaning a bit easier.
Cheers, Andy
Thank you very much Glassy for your information
I’m going to look on the Internet to get the slides...
Phil

Thank you very much Glassy for your information
I’ll look on the Internet to supply the slides...
How did you fix the slides on the truck rails?

Back