Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Girlfriend + VW T6 Beach = Broken wing mirror

Trav88

Trav88

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
First time my girlfriend took the new Beach out for a spin she smashed the wing mirror against a tree. Say no more.

Anyone know how they come apart? The outer shell seems to be intact but the electric motor doesn't work, just clicks and its all completely out of place.

Any ideas?

Twist the mirror up manually then try the controls again. I had a similar problem.

I had to replace ours after a run in with motor home in France. A new mirror body was not cheap and I had to remove the door card to get to the connection. There is a very good guide on here though and it was an easy enough job.

I've had a look at it this morning and it is not good, its bent up. Basically I need to get a new one :(

I'm scared to find out how much it costs! I remember the T5 one cost 500€, so I dread to think how much this one will be!

When the mirrors are hit they bend up into the folded position, is this the position it is stuck in? If you think it is broken anyway, try forcing it down into its normal unfolded position.

Least it was your better half. I just parked up and the mirror hit the drain pipe. There is no give what so ever. Luckily the painted part is fine, just a wee dent and crack in the black surround.

I'm raging :(

That's the problem with the new ones, that there is zero give, so any knock just damages them, the outer shell is fine! I'm going to go through the insurance this week, for some reason I have a feeling that it is never going to be the same again!

Mine have been bashed for a pastime.

Firstly try the mirror fold switch.

Turn it to fold mirrors in, then out.

If still no movement try a bit of arm wrestling with it, then try the switch again.

My worst was an oncoming bus near Thurso. It took about three attempts for that to release into it's normal unfolded position.

Oh, and the painted "shell" bit is the cheapest bit. I need a new N/S one but the amount of times my mirrors have been bashed it's simply not worth it.