Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glastonbury with kids

I just need my new van now and I'll be sorted.
Apparently the camp an tickets sold out in ten minutes this morning??!!

That's just mental. Last time I went in 2014 I'm sure I bought them days after they went on sale?!

Hi all,
I have been going to Glastonbury since 1999. Since we have had children we have been a few times and camped in family field. Our childrne were quite young so we rarely went near the main stages and stuck to smaller fields and explored. Great way to see the festival.
This year we will be going in our new T6 California. so very much looking forward to being able to experience the campervan field for first time.
May well invest in a porta potti!

Hi all,
I have been going to Glastonbury since 1999. Since we have had children we have been a few times and camped in family field. Our childrne were quite young so we rarely went near the main stages and stuck to smaller fields and explored. Great way to see the festival.
This year we will be going in our new T6 California. so very much looking forward to being able to experience the campervan field for first time.
May well invest in a porta potti!
Are you in the East or West field? We should have a Cali spotting competition! They put up a 4G signal at the festival so you still post on here...I'll be the one with the kids who are complaining probably!!

Are you in the East or West field? We should have a Cali spotting competition! They put up a 4G signal at the festival so you still post on here...I'll be the one with the kids who are complaining probably!!
We are East, the bigger of the camps. Looking forward to meeting some Cali owners there hopefully. At least if it is too muddy to leave we can stay in the van until it all drys out!

Don't you mean...have a cold beer and get some shade ;)
Here's hoping / praying for good weather.

Who are you hoping will be playing? I see The Stone Roses are now one of favourites after announcing two nights at the Etihad the week before Glasto.
Stone Roses would be good, did hear they were doing some dates with a space around Glasto. We just glad to get tickets. Of the few times we have been since having children we have missed the headline acts as we were back at tent with children. May make it out a bit later this year!

Stone Roses would be good, did hear they were doing some dates with a space around Glasto. We just glad to get tickets. Of the few times we have been since having children we have missed the headline acts as we were back at tent with children. May make it out a bit later this year!
I suspect my wife and I will be doing tag teams depending on whose headlining. I want to take my kids though as it'll be a great experience for them and hopefully in years to come they'll look back and say we were cool parents. With the last two years of Metalica and Kanye... who were not my cup of tea...we're due something outstanding. The Rolling Stones were amazing in 2013.

First glasto for me so more about the whole experience rather than any particular bands although would love it if the roses did play....but, hopefully i'll be seeing them the week before...'if' i get tickets!

Looking forward to it & meeting some fellow cali owners :thumb

It's all about the whole experience; the music and bands are just an incidental. If you've been to other festivals and therefore think you have an idea about what to expect, think again. You will have a ball, even if you don't see a single band play!