Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Going from 20” back to standard

Hi

I have 9.5J wheels and about 5mm clearance on the door but no issues. Running at 38 psi. Still no issues but at times I think I I’d like it a little stiffer. Ride is great and no problems with passengers.
Thanks for the reply - think the ARB upgrade will help with some stiffness? I maybe just hoped it would ride a bit softer - need to check with the guys that installed them, to make sure they didn’t set them up on a stiffer setting when installing!

I see you’re also in Dorset too!

Thanks for the reply - think the ARB upgrade will help with some stiffness? I maybe just hoped it would ride a bit softer - need to check with the guys that installed them, to make sure they didn’t set them up on a stiffer setting when installing!
Interesting, we have front and tear H&R HD ARBs. I could never say the ride is harsh at all. It just feel planted on the road. I guess it depends what your reference point is. We’ve had various cars with taut handling, Boxster, Elise, Mini Cooper, audis s3 etc, none were harsh as such- the cali is obviously softer than these by a long way but stiffer than a Volvo XC60 we had that was very uncomfortable in comparison to the Cali. Check your tyre pressures too.

Just noticed you’re in Dorset - we’re in Poole if your want a comparison.

Hi - sorry for the thread resurrection!

I’ve had twin adjusts and 20” wheels on the same tyres as you’re running, for a few months now and the ride is a fair bit harder than I expected! How’s yours? I guess I wanted that ultimate goal of good looks and comfort; but I must admit the groans from the front passenger seat are a bit annoying!

Also, does your door catch on the rear wheel when fully open? I’m running a 10.5 rear Rotiform, so pretty wide!

Does look awesome though!
I swapped my 20”s down to 18” alloys with Hanook tyres; by far a much smoother ride, and speedo that now shows mph just a little more than actual (so less likely to stray outside limits). I haven’t had an issue with the rear door catching with either size, must be down to the rim profile I guess. For me definitely the right move to revert down.

Personally I like these 17inch CFDCEE04-F131-45D2-B8C8-CBFE6B5A3408.jpegwheels. Had 20inch on a previous T5 but found the ride a bit too harsh.