Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good and bad time of year to sell?

G

Guy Raymond

GRAY
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all,

Is there a good and bad time of year to sell a Cali? Is second hand demand lower during the cooler months or are people's experiences negligible? How is the second hand market this time of year? Is Brexit and the changing Cali product line having an impact (good or bad)?

I bought mine mid-winter as the Cali is just as much about winter days out as it is mid summer excursions.

Thanks !

You details are saying "looking to buy " ?
If you want to try and sell please use the "for sale" section and place a official add .

Hi thanks. I've updated my details. I was looking for advice on the time or year to sell. Are you suggesting this is the wrong section?

We bought our Beach in July. There were very few for sale and ones priced reasonably sold fast, especially those with sought after options. Looking at autotrader, there are lots more for sale at the moment.....
I don’t think there is a best time to sell, but you may have more competition this time of year?

Hi all,

Is there a good and bad time of year to sell a Cali? Is second hand demand lower during the cooler months or are people's experiences negligible? How is the second hand market this time of year? Is Brexit and the changing Cali product line having an impact (good or bad)?

I have a low mileage, 2016, very clean, 5.1 DSG Beach.

I bought mine mid-winter as the Cali is just as much about winter days out as it is mid summer excursions.

Thanks !
I think the following is reasonable.
Autumn - Good to buy/Poor to sell

Spring - Poor to buy/Good to sell

Having said that there are avid campers who intend to use the vehicle all year round who are not prepared to wait, and there are others who will only be using it in Summer who will wait.

I sold my beach in January, got lots of interest and sold for what I wanted within a week. With the beach especially people are looking for a family vehicle so as long as you’ve priced it reasonably it’ll sell any time.

March sept, defo the time to sell and Oct to Feb defo the time to buy. If you have a parking heater, that will help sell it quicker in winter months, but don't sell yours, book a ferry and have a mega road trip next year ;-)

hi all, thanks for the feedback. I will probably wait until the new year - if anyone is looking for one bear me in mind! :)
I sold my beach in January, got lots of interest and sold for what I wanted within a week. With the beach especially people are looking for a family vehicle so as long as you’ve priced it reasonably it’ll sell any time.
Hi Zebra. What was your Beach and how much did it go for? Thanks

It was a May ‘17 DSG Beach, sold for £43k in Jan 2019, which is almost what I paid for it in Aug 17 at the dealer. Had 7 seats, parking heater, climatronic, sat nav etc. most things except acc really. Miss it really, don’t really have an equivalent in the US.

Back