Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good bye to our California life

F5 JNR

F5 JNR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Firstly genuinely cannot thank you all enough for the invaluable technical advice and opinions given over the years, you've genuinely made my many daunting major end of the world problems melt into no problems at all on many occasions.

Perhaps a familiar story here as a growing family who simply wants convenience of separate dining area and fixed beds along with a separate toilet/shower for our rapidly growing 3 and 4 year olds.

Hence, items for sale in excellent condition so please pm if interested or £200 for the lot;

Comfortz Leisure external Cali-Topper (all black no windows) with tiny bag £55
Comfortz Leisure internal Cali-Cosy £95
Comfortz Leisure Thermal windscreen cover with tiny bag £40
Thule Xpress2 towbar bike rack £30

Before any one might ask, we will p/x our VW for a new Tribute T669 (4 berth) as we owned the Tribute 665 (2 berth) before our opportunity to own the VW California in 2013 whilst the kids were still babies.

Kindest thanks to everyone and the many posts which have made me giggle to myself on endless occasions......you know who you are!! I'm sure we'll keep popping by and will be following the T6 ventures too.

Once the kids are old enough to sleep in the awning we might be back!

Frank & Family

Happy adventuring in your new Tribute! I'm quite envious of your new toilet/shower :).

Best wishes for your new phase of campervan life. Kids (and you too) will love not having to trek to the toilets in the middle of the night lol
:thumb

Firstly genuinely cannot thank you all enough for the invaluable technical advice and opinions given over the years, you've genuinely made my many daunting major end of the world problems melt into no problems at all on many occasions.

Perhaps a familiar story here as a growing family who simply wants convenience of separate dining area and fixed beds along with a separate toilet/shower for our rapidly growing 3 and 4 year olds.

Hence, items for sale in excellent condition so please pm if interested or £200 for the lot;

Before any one might ask, we will p/x our VW for a new Tribute T669 (4 berth) as we owned the Tribute 665 (2 berth) before our opportunity to own the VW California in 2013 whilst the kids were still babies.

Kindest thanks to everyone and the many posts which have made me giggle to myself on endless occasions......you know who you are!! I'm sure we'll keep popping by and will be following the T6 ventures too.

Frank & Family

Hi Frank
Would be very interested in the Cali Cosy if you still have it. I'm in Holmfirth so Sheffield not so far away to pick up.
Paul

Happy travels and adventuring in your new Tribute.

I would be interested in the windscreen cover Would you post it?

Last edited:
Ok, loads of interest in accessories but how do I pm? (see....still be guided by you all!)
You need to be a VIP to be able to PM. However I think VIPs can PM you so I suggest you ask them to PM you with their email address.

Ok, loads of interest in accessories but how do I pm? (see....still be guided by you all!)
Need to be VIP member I think.

Frank & Family

Frank I can't work out how to PM you but here is my email [Removed for privacy ]Will try to delete later.

PM now sent

Last edited:
Time to move in a other direction , always do what fits your own personal needs !
Do pop in here once a while to check on things....;)

PM with E Mail sent. Are the items still for sale or sold?

I am surprised you are trading it in, especially this time of year when there are delays with T6 Cali's, it is becoming a sellers market, you will probably find the dealer will have your van on his forecourt in a few weeks with an extra £5k on top of it.

Anyway, good luck for the future.

Thats a good point we are noticing a few more cali's being sold on here over the last few weeks

Thanks guys, fair comments about px values and sellers market so I'll be wide open here so you all know.....Firstly after 5 months of games, the deal is basically swapping our 2011 California with 55k miles for a brand new Tribute and still squeeze a new awning and a solar panel out of them. Second point is we are financing the same £25k as our Cali but with black horse finance which works out £95 (yep £95!?!?!!) per month less than our current VW finance.

Hence the move was a real no brainer really.

N

Frank & Family
Never say never!!

Picked up our brand new Tribute T669 for £39,000 and p/x for our loved cali yesterday then got home and checked this out...

http://www.camperne.com/cars/vw-california-se-4x4-180ps-dsg-auto/

We were given £35,000 as p/x value of our dreamy Cali, then to see it for resale at just £36,995. Sign of the times? Surely should be closer to £40,000 regardless of 56k miles??? OR is mileage a big factor, public aware of roof issues or is T6 finally affecting T5.1 value? Who knows?

Frank & Family

I wouldn't worry yourself - I instantly deleted all my other bookmarks & searches once I'd committed to selected new van, never look back. New owner of my T5 conversion who collected on Thurs AM sent me a pic of it out on site today, I'm very glad he's enjoying it already (and I made the right choice to upgrade) but it's natural that it's a little bittersweet.

fwiw I think that's a good price for a quick sale, possibly a touch low? California buyers/owners (to generalise massively) in my view worry too much about a few miles. 10K pa is nothing for a Transporter - mine had done 68K in 2.5 years & after a precautionary belt change at 70K the only fault in the next 3-years was one failed glow plug.

Enjoy the new one!

Back