Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good evening from Edinburgh

O

oilman4345

Vehicle
N/A
I have just joined your forum this evening. My partner and I are almost certainly going to rent a VW Campervan in September with the thought of buying one if we like the experience (probably a 1 -2 year old California Ocean).
I am long since retired and despite arranging many long haul holidays, now that I am in my seventies I think some "nearer to home" vacations have an attraction. We love walking and mountain biking and I play a lot of golf and study British history in my spare time.

I have just joined your forum this evening. My partner and I are almost certainly going to rent a VW Campervan in September with the thought of buying one if we like the experience (probably a 1 -2 year old California Ocean).
I am long since retired and despite arranging many long haul holidays, now that I am in my seventies I think some "nearer to home" vacations have an attraction. We love walking and mountain biking and I play a lot of golf and study British history in my spare time.
Plan for your rental. In the standard bedding setup, we can't get comfortable. I sleep up top with the plastic springs, standard comfy layer and an extra single comfy layer. My wife sleeps down stairs, she has got rid of the vw comfy layer and uses a 100mm self inflating mattress with a single comfy layer on top. We are fussy about beds and sleep OK. If you aren't fussy about your bed, ok. I would get a couple of 2" comfy layers to make your test a good one. We didn't try before we bought our van but we were looking for a day van to tow our caravan. Now we have it good for sleeping, the caravan is getting left at home more.

There's nothing wrong with the original vw beds. Enjoy