Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodbye!

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
We said a sad goodbye to our Beach today after 3 years of great adventures. It has gone to a loving home and I have pointed the new owner in the direction of this forum so I expect you will see them pop up on here soon!

After 10 years of VW campers we have gone back to a caravelle for now and a new to us motorhome is arriving this week so a whole new experience for us and no amazing forums to help me with my queries so far! If you see a motorhome driver waving then it might be me forgetting which vehicle I'm in or stare longingly as we watch you drive into height restricted car parks whilst we circulate the area frantically trying to remember the height of our motorhome and find 3-4 car parking spaces to park width ways across!

So grateful for all the tips on this forum which has helped us get the most out of the Beach! I'll be lingering a bit longer whilst we sell the last few accessories :)

Aww that is sad to hear but I'm sure it will be loved in the new home. Plus the excitement of new adventures sounds great.

Hope you will still drop by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May the camping-gods be with you (and us) .....
Cheers !

Good luck with the change of leisure style.

One annoying thing I found when i had a Motorhome was that there was a constant rattle/chatter of things in the back, chairs in stowage or the cooker or more frustratingly somewhere that couldn't be located. I was warned about this by the dealer but thought that it wouldn't apply to me - wrong.

I had expected the same on the Cali but only silence, terrific.

Beach to a Motorhome isn't quit the same as an Ocean to a Motorhome or vice versa though as really mainly the loo being the touring difference.

You will enjoy and after all you could tow the Caravelle around:talktothehand

Enjoy the new adventures.
All the best

Many thanks for sharing your family Cali adventures. Very helpful posts.

I've followed your previous posts with great interest.

We are a family of 5 including 2 boys and 1 girl (5,2 and 1 years old) and you have given us the confidence that we can make a VW Beach work for our adventurous little family. Hopefully buying a 1st camper later this year.

Hope you enjoy the next adventures with the Motorhome....

Sad to see you go, learned a lot from your posts about the Beach with 3 children.
But at least you'll be changing things and that always keeps life interesting. Please let us know here how it goes, good or bad!

I'm still lingering here to get recommendations for our next trip! Had to laugh when someone on the motorhome forum asked if anyone had ever taken their moho abroad! It seems the cali owners are a little more adventurous than the moho lot so I've decided this is a better forum for European holiday research!!

Wouldn't swap our motorhome for anything now, particularly as we are spoilt having the caravelle as well so we have the best of both worlds! Had an amazing trip to the Netherlands last Easter then loved Lake annecy in the summer as well as numerous trips in the UK so now trying to plan our next adventure so any recommendations for 2 adults, 3 children and a dog in the height of summer appreciated ;)

Nice to have you still around! Guess your experience in „Beach-owning“ and travelling with kids is useful for this board

What are your ideas for summer? Relax, city hopping-shopping? Beach and mountain, food and laissez-faire?
Have you ever been to Germany? Austria, Slovenia or Croatia? I am sure you‘ve been! I skip Switzerland because a lot say it is too expensive (and I guess it is).

Our final big trip in the beach was to Italy via Holland & Germany. We didn't stop in Switzerland for the same reason.

Think we'd like to see more of Germany this year and maybe Austria but could save that for next year on our way to Croatia when we'll have longer to travel. Having been to Lake annecy last year its going to be hard to follow such a great trip. I fancied a beach holiday this summer but think that will be tricky with the dog in August due to heat and restrictions in most places.

Cycling and canoeing is what we (and the puppy!) usually like to do. The children need some form of water to swim in but aren't fussy! We stayed at europapark and in the black forest at camping belchenblick before which we really enjoyed and Germany is so dog friendly it seems a good place to start.

I'm still lingering here to get recommendations for our next trip! Had to laugh when someone on the motorhome forum asked if anyone had ever taken their moho abroad! It seems the cali owners are a little more adventurous than the moho lot so I've decided this is a better forum for European holiday research!!

Wouldn't swap our motorhome for anything now, particularly as we are spoilt having the caravelle as well so we have the best of both worlds! Had an amazing trip to the Netherlands last Easter then loved Lake annecy in the summer as well as numerous trips in the UK so now trying to plan our next adventure so any recommendations for 2 adults, 3 children and a dog in the height of summer appreciated ;)
Good to see you are still around.
We've done quite some adventurous destinations in the last couple of years with our 3 children:
- Slovenia/Croatia all the way to Dubrovnik
- Morocco .. but this was on easter, too hot on summer. Ferry from Barcelona. Fantastic tour.
- Switserland
- Iceland (the best so far .. can't wait to go back). Children absolutely loved it
- North of Spain , westcoast of France
This summer is a big tour of Sweden and Norway.. If interested, there i still a ferry from the UK to Norway I think.
Canoeing in Sweden is very very nice. But we'll rent over there.

We loved Denmark, and if you take a look at this years Denmark meet you will see some amazing sights.
Belgium was fabulous but bigger motorhomes may be a challenge in the cities.

This year hopefully will be Norway.

Sad to see you go but your adventures will continue. Good luck.

Back