Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thank you and Goodbye!

David Bailey

David Bailey

Jaunty
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I wanted to quickly say thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped us get the most out of our Cali over the last couple of years. Its time to say goodbye as we have now sold Jaunty, which we found just to small for a family of 4. We haven’t figured out the replacement plan yet but considering an Opus camper as an alternative, but don’t want to rush it. A trip to the camping shows in February I think is needed.

Everyone on this forum has been super helpful in our journey, I still can't help following the forum even thought we sold the van.

Bit of a garage sale for all of our extra bits in the for sale section.

Last edited:
You won't be leaving soon , work to do selling all those bits !
Keep us updated once you got a replacement camper :thumb

All the best David and family! Keep us posted about your new „van“ and do not forget to post a pic as we are all campers

I wouldn't be surprised to be back here in a few years when we are back to just the 2 of us. Will let everyone know what we decide to do in the meanwhile. We have replaced it with a car with a tow hitch, but really don't want a caravan (or a great white for that matter)....so that narrows the options somewhat. Probably as I said an overland type trailer (with all the drawers and built in fridge etc) or an Opus trailer.

Sorry to see you are leaving.
Just like yourself, I am likely to be selling my Ocean in the next year as it is no longer practical with 4 dogs.
However, I plan to stay a member as (a) my likely new vehicle will be a Kombi pulling an Eriba and so many posts on here will be relevant and (b) maybe more importantly, I’ve made some good friends and want to stay in touch (I’ll be in the field next door at meets...)
Membership is not expensive. Don’t leave us too hastily...

I wanted to quickly say thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped us get the most out of our Cali over the last couple of years. Its time to say goodbye as we have now sold Jaunty, which we found just to small for a family of 4. We haven’t figured out the replacement plan yet but considering an Opus camper as an alternative, but don’t want to rush it. A trip to the camping shows in February I think is needed.

Everyone on this forum has been super helpful in our journey, I still can't help following the forum even thought we sold the van.

Bit of a garage sale for all of our extra bits in the for sale section.

Buy a proper camper, Karmann Colorado, Loads of room, heated bed, Bathroom, Shower, Sat TV........CF1EC2D0-98EB-4534-A977-60B694E2B045.jpeg

Back