Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gosh, what a lot of Calis for sale?

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
As per title. Is it just the time of year? Don’t recall seeing so many vans on here for sale. All bonkers £ obvs!!

I have spoken to 2 people this week that vw have phoned asking to buy them back 1 was offered enough for his 1 year old van to buy a new one but he didn’t want to be 9 months without one

Lots of chancers based on the supply / demand issue I suspect.
Who wouldn’t want to take advantage of favourable market conditions? I certainly would if I was thinking of selling mine. I can’t imagine too many people will sell their Cali just to make a little bit extra cash if they were still interested in owning a Cali, bearing in mind the extra hassle and expense of buying another.

There’s only 28 on VW Used website and a few of those are actually conversions.

Who wouldn’t want to take advantage of favourable market conditions? I certainly would if I was thinking of selling mine. I can’t imagine too many people will sell their Cali just to make a little bit extra cash if they were still interested in owning a Cali, bearing in mind the extra hassle and expense of buying another.
Oh absolutely, I would be considering the same if in that position.

About once a week I check a few webpages of how many California campers are on sale in Ireland. I am sure there might be more, but so far I can only see about 25x new (or almost new vehicles). I didn't come across any used campers yet.

Happy expensive California
Eberhard

Most of them have already sold (per description), but advert not been deleted.

in the next two years a lot of people who've recently bought a Cali/Van /Motorhome will find out that camping is not for them....
Good point, although we use our Ocean as our everyday drive so wouldn't really matter if we never camped again! Only had 2 trips so far due to Covid lockdowns, but off on another trip tomorrow. Don't know about others on here but we don't just do campervan holidays, but mix things up with hotels, cruises and flights abroad (retired, so that helps).

Good point, although we use our Ocean as our everyday drive so wouldn't really matter if we never camped again! Only had 2 trips so far due to Covid lockdowns, but off on another trip tomorrow. Don't know about others on here but we don't just do campervan holidays, but mix things up with hotels, cruises and flights abroad (retired, so that helps).
That's the thing, the Cali you can still use it as a car worse case. During the pandemic it showed it's immense versatility, when going to a place for a walk/hike/swim/bike ride and you have a mobile "base camp" with you to get changed, wash your hands, have lunch. Yes you could do the same with a big white, but who would drive the big white just to go for a swim/walk/bike ride ?

Bought mine for £63k
Put 6k miles on.
6 months older
And sold for £67k
So made £4K profit. Plus my £4k deposit plus my £4K of payments.
Dropped £4K on wife’s new car Evoque and £6k on my brand new D300 straight six diesel 300bhp Velar SE R-Dyanmics with standard air suspension. Drove 3.5 hours direct to The Lake District and slept all week in a cottage in Grasmere which cost me £550 for the week. Bliss. Gas Rayburn, plenty of space, 2 double bedrooms and the wife and I both said we didn’t move around and try and get comfortable on the 3+ hour drive.
Got out and felt refreshed and cosseted. And the Velar did 39mpg. But will do 0- 60 in 6 seconds if ever I want ;)
Enjoyed my trips on my own in the Buzz.
but it wasn’t going to be a goer for SWMBO :thumb;)

I had an Email from my dealer on 12/5 offering to buy ours back! 30 months old 6,000 miles. Offering substantial inducements & a long wait for a new one.......Thinks...Devon next weekend. Devon it is!

I've just seen an ad at my local VW dealership. 2019 10k miles 150dsg Beach. Nice spec but at just over £73k for a 2 year old Beach, cripes
Edit, its a pricing mistake on Facebook advert. Looks like Vat has been added.
Vw site has price at £61k.

Last edited:
I’m considering an upgrade.
If I can get silly money for mine and can find the right ex-demo/pre reg van.
We may make the jump...

Anything out there at the moment is expensive, only way to get a good deal is to sell yours now & put in an order via DTD and wait. Depends how much you need one this summer.

I’m considering an upgrade.
If I can get silly money for mine and can find the right ex-demo/pre reg van.
We may make the jump...
I’m tempted. Been offered £2k more than I paid for it 5 years ago. But I’ll miss it unless I have a replacement in the pipeline.

Back