Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gosh, what a lot of Calis for sale?

Dealer thinks he has a van.
It’s more than I want to pay, but if the right price is offered for ours. It might be worth moving to a new model.
Care free motoring for a few years.

I just can’t do without a van.
Bit of a catch 22...

Currently 117 Californias for sale on Auto Trader including over 40 Beach ads. Lots selling up right now. Seems quite a few have several owners and low miles, does this suggest a higher turnover than normal due to staycation boom?

Most of them have already sold (per description), but advert not been deleted.
I bought mine just before the very first lock-down and it is still there. Despite the seller trying on numerous occasions to delete it he told me it wouldn't delete. Can't imagine him lying as I am sure he got a fair few "nuisance" telephone calls about it !

I bought mine just before the very first lock-down and it is still there. Despite the seller trying on numerous occasions to delete it he told me it wouldn't delete. Can't imagine him lying as I am sure he got a fair few "nuisance" telephone calls about it !
I think you are referring to the forum adverts. I have sold 2 campers on this forum and it's very easy to alter the status of the ad to sold and also to delete completely. Anyone having problems would just need to message admin to resolve.

Currently 117 Californias for sale on Auto Trader including over 40 Beach ads. Lots selling up right now. Seems quite a few have several owners and low miles, does this suggest a higher turnover than normal due to staycation boom?

If people think they’ll soon be on a plane to warmer climes, they‘re not going to buy an overpriced van.

i noticed 122 calis on autotrader recently. thats more than i've ever seen for sale. 'normal years' hover around 90 to 100 calis this time of year on there. summer it was as low as 40 calis. mind you they want 95k for 2 of them !!!!

It begins...glad I got mine before the madness and have no intention of selling it...if I ever get it back from being repaired!

It's interesting as to how many low spec T6 beaches there are. In Jan 2020 these were around 37/38k for a approx 1 yr old one (prob ex VW employee lease). Similar vans 18 months later are 48k

If people think they’ll soon be on a plane to warmer climes, they‘re not going to buy an overpriced van.
You are write October - soon be on a plane

Now is 20 December and is uk peoples cannot going France, many restrictions, extra costs ( testings ) and difficulties overseas travel

I am think is nice still having camper for is all time Covid making other travels problems.

You are write October - soon be on a plane

Now is 20 December and is uk peoples cannot going France, many restrictions, extra costs ( testings ) and difficulties overseas travel

I am think is nice still having camper for is all time Covid making other travels problems.

Indeed. However, I don’t think anyone will be going anywhere soon!

in the next two years a lot of people who've recently bought a Cali/Van /Motorhome will find out that camping is not for them....
Which is why we sold our 2016 conversion and bought a new Coast. We got back what we paid for the conversion after 3 1/2 years and a lot more miles on the clock. Think the market might be flooded in a couple of years.

Only 10 Californias available for sale on the forum at the moment, never seen it so quiet even for low season.

Only 10 Californias available for sale on the forum at the moment, never seen it so quiet even for low season.
Bottom must have fallen out of the market and people are just holding on to them to avoid the vaunted financial hit :rolleyes:

Bottom must have fallen out of the market and people are just holding on to them to avoid the vaunted financial hit :rolleyes:
Prices are about to rocket so people are holding onto them to take advantage.
Prices have crashed so no one is bothering to sell
Everyone is just trading in as its far easier
Times are hard so people are selling houses & living in their vans.
People are keeping their vans rather than replacing due to the increased interest rates
No-one is changing, all waiting for announcements re the replacement to the T6.1
Those 10 are over priced hence still there, everything else has already sold.
Those 10 are suspiciously low price hence still there, everything else has already sold.

Or a combination of the above.....

I think Ive covered everything?

Prices are about to rocket so people are holding onto them to take advantage.
Prices have crashed so no one is bothering to sell
Everyone is just trading in as its far easier
Times are hard so people are selling houses & living in their vans.
People are keeping their vans rather than replacing due to the increased interest rates
No-one is changing, all waiting for announcements re the replacement to the T6.1
Those 10 are over priced hence still there, everything else has already sold.
Those 10 are suspiciously low price hence still there, everything else has already sold.

Or a combination of the above.....

I think Ive covered everything?
I think you have hit the nail on the head. Somewhere in that list!

Clear out all of duplicate threads, you’d probably only need a small USB stick then :Grin

Or it could be we have had a clear up to free up some storage space on the forum
Clearing out the "SOLD" adverts in the "accessories for sale" section would free up a lot of space. :thumb

It's gone now but for the last 2-3 weeks there was a MY22 Ocean for £58k with around 33k miles that had my attention for a while...

It's gone now but for the last 2-3 weeks there was a MY22 Ocean for £58k with around 33k miles that had my attention for a while...
Bottom has falllen out if the used car market in general. Classics, then EVs have led the way.

Only bangernomics is bucking the trend, ca £2-4k cars are increasing in price.

Suspect the midterm outlook for campervans isn’t great. If I get out of mine above £50k over two years, I’m doing better than hoped.

Bottom has falllen out if the used car market in general. Classics, then EVs have led the way.

Only bangernomics is bucking the trend, ca £2-4k cars are increasing in price.

Suspect the midterm outlook for campervans isn’t great. If I get out of mine above £50k over two years, I’m doing better than hoped.
If VW rely on the MV to carry the California torch, as apeears the case, I think we are safe long into the future.

If VW rely on the MV to carry the California torch, as apeears the case, I think we are safe long into the future.
There’s some logic to this.

But I think the 5-10% depreciation on Calis we’ve seen in the U.K. of late may be a thing of the past.

Back