Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is your California selling?

.... Also just noticed that they're both 204PS engines too o_O

Just saw this which is very interesting Hereford VW has just slashed the prices of it's Calis as you can see. I also reckon these are brand new despite what the ad indicates, as they're both not available for a few weeks....

View attachment 123098
They are both registered as demonstrators & 6 months old, I'm guessing 30th December reg. Available end of the month as the dealer will have kept them for the required 6 months.
Upside - they will hopefully be effectively brand new, probably never been near the showroom.
Downside - Road tax will be extra, you've used up 6months of warranty already.

That makes sense, the price reduction is pretty radical - I'm guessing dealers must be getting nervous about being left with stock when the market is flooded. I'm guessing if that's what nearly new 204ps's will sell for then that puts nearly new 150's at 60k?

That makes sense, the price reduction is pretty radical - I'm guessing dealers must be getting nervous about being left with stock when the market is flooded. I'm guessing if that's what nearly new 204ps's will sell for then that puts nearly new 150's at 60k?
Coming up to the end of a quarter, weather has been awful, VW will make their money back on the interest charges, used to be higher rate for used v brand new vans

They actually seem decent value. Yes I know £62k great value, but having just watched the late brake show and the new California sharan premiere. The old Cali might be worth hanging onto…

This dealer has their reasons but I don’t think these prices are reflective of general prices just yet. A couple of people will get bargains here but I don’t think a race to the bottom suits anyone really.

This dealer has their reasons but I don’t think these prices are reflective of general prices just yet. A couple of people will get bargains here but I don’t think a race to the bottom suits anyone really.
They could of course be previously rejected vans?

Just saw this which is very interesting Hereford VW has just slashed the prices of it's Calis as you can see. I also reckon these are brand new despite what the ad indicates, as they're both not available for a few weeks....

View attachment 123098
That’s very cool, how’d you get that?
Is it Autotrader on a PC / laptop ?

Could be rejections, yeah. IMO dealers need to be very careful about controlling used T6.1 prices as there will be little reason for a lot of people to order a T7 (with its questionable design choices) if they can get a pretty much new T6.1 for ~£15-20k less.

Could be rejections, yeah. IMO dealers need to be very careful about controlling used T6.1 prices as there will be little reason for a lot of people to order a T7 (with its questionable design choices) if they can get a pretty much new T6.1 for ~£15-20k less.
Not sure about that. There’s always a group of people who will want the latest model at any price. The new model will grow on us soon enough :)

Those are very well priced. Quite a bit under what you would have got new, even with DTD.

Making room for the New California.

When I look at what my new 150 cost after discount and 0% over 5 years for 50% of the price, the present value of that payment stream is circa 60K, so sounds about right TBH. We saw heavy discounting for the last of the T6’s (paid under 50K for a new one, they seem to go for that 5 years later…). The big question will be how much the new model costs, if indeed Cali owners actually want one or stick with 6.1 / go for something else instead.

When I look at what my new 150 cost after discount and 0% over 5 years for 50% of the price, the present value of that payment stream is circa 60K, so sounds about right TBH. We saw heavy discounting for the last of the T6’s (paid under 50K for a new one, they seem to go for that 5 years later…). The big question will be how much the new model costs, if indeed Cali owners actually want one or stick with 6.1 / go for something else instead.
There are zero nearly new 150DSGs going for ~£60k and other than these two examples, no other 204s going for anywhere near £62k. Personal view is it’s a bit early to call these ‘about right’, they’re comparable bargains in my book!

There are zero nearly new 150DSGs going for ~£60k and other than these two examples, no other 204s going for anywhere near £62k. Personal view is it’s a bit early to call these ‘about right’, they’re comparable bargains in my book!

Maybe, I’m just suggesting that many of us have effectively paid circa 60 for a new Cali this year, when the incentives are factored in.

Maybe, I’m just suggesting that many of us have effectively paid circa 60 for a new Cali this year, when the incentives are factored in.
Yeah can see the logic in what you say, though I’ve got a guaranteed p/ex value for my 2023 plate 150 in September which is for more than those two 73 plates are listed at by the dealer. Seems really dynamic at the moment.

You could have got a new Beach for £60k, but the Ocean with a few options was well above that figure.

You could have got a new Beach for £60k, but the Ocean with a few options was well above that figure.

Not when you factor in the net present value of a VW subsidised 5 year 0% interest payment stream for 50% of the price. It’s a huge internal blind discount.

Not when you factor in the net present value of a VW subsidised 5 year 0% interest payment stream for 50% of the price. It’s a huge internal blind discount.
Sorry, maybe I’m being a bit thick, but the purchase price for an Ocean would still have been £67k+ regardless of how you pay, wouldn’t it?

Sorry, maybe I’m being a bit thick, but the purchase price for an Ocean would still have been £67k+ regardless of how you pay, wouldn’t it?
I paid cash for mine as the offer wasn't available then but I think the logic is that if I'd taken out the 0% finance with a 50% deposit and stuck the other 50% in a savings account paying 5%(+) interest then the Ocean would have 'cost' me less than £67k when offset by the interest paid on the other (diminishing monthly) 50%.

However I'm not sure if that should influence used prices now the 0% deal has ended.

Last edited:
As ever, if something looks too good…..
Bargain at that price, sadly £62458 plus vat = £74950 - which is the price they will actually sell you one for. Not the first time that’s happened and won’t be the last.
Don’t panic, the bottom hasn’t dropped out of the market just.

As ever, if something looks too good…..
Bargain at that price, sadly £62458 plus vat = £74950 - which is the price they will actually sell you one for. Not the first time that’s happened and won’t be the last.
Don’t panic, the bottom hasn’t dropped out of the market just.
Ha was just replying with the same, you beat me to it :D

Yes, except you‘re only paying 33.5 now. The remaining 33.5 is repaid at zero interest over 5 years. The value of that payment stream today is worth less than 33.5, depending on your cost of capital. I don’t have my HP calculator on me to work it out, but off the top of my head 33.5K / 60 monthly payments at a discount rate of say 5% is worth circa 29K today. VWFS’s internal cost of capital will be higher than 5%, so there’s probably more like a 5 - 6K blind discount in the deal.

Back