Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Got it yesterday. Need help with the torch

rcsb

rcsb

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
hi all

I picked up my Silver 140 blue motion SE from SMG in Tonbridge yesterday and am spending the weekend driving around East Sussex with a big grin. It is not as cool as my previous camper, a 1971 T2, but much more comfortable and practical.

I am really pleased but something is driving me nuts. The little rechargable torch - I just can't figure out how to remove it. Five of us have tried, including a 10 year-old. Please help.

Thanks

Rick

Sorry, only 5 yr olds are allowed that information. You might want to use it!

Had the same problem myself, you need to grip the sides tight and give it a good tug. Mind you don't pull the whole panel off instead :(

The torch itself is rubbish so I won't be removing mine again!

Am i missing out on something ? Don't got any of that ...
I understand a flashlight (torch)?
On a SE or Beach...picture please?

It comes with one of the packs, not sure which one, have a look at the brochure; or you pay pay a silly amount for it on it's own.

It fits into the base of the RHS seat at the back, and can be switched on in situ or removed and used independently.

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

IMG_8191.JPG

Last edited:
OK , looks i have an idea where it sits..seems like a small gadget but wast of money as by the post above.
Tkx for the info!:thumb

Agree with you. It came with one of the packs but it seems like a waste of money (if the torch is no good) and time (if it is hard to remove the torch).

I will have another try at it tomorrow but will probably look around for something better.

Any suggestions for a good rechargeable torch (flashlight)?

The forum shop used to sell a small rechargeable LED torch that plugged into a 12v socket. Very bright and easy to use. I have them in the drinks holder 12v socket on the dash and at the rear of the sliding door. Easy to hand.

I got a (given gadget) one that need to be sqeezed a few times ( mechanism inside that generats power ) and gives light , no charging required and always ready....not that much light but handy.

Hi, i agree the torch on the Cali is hardly worthy of being called a torch! I have a LED Lenser torch which l feel is absolutely amazing ( not cheap though). It's a P7.2, got it from Folkestone fixings. Be careful though - there are a lot of fakes online. Batteries are AAA and last a long time.

I carry a small Cree in the van and an even smaller Cree in each of my handbags. Amazing light output, little bulk, low weight, long battery life.

Thanks everyone. I can't believe I had to go back to work on Monday instead of enjoying my Cali - and of course wrestling with that darn torch

Thanks everyone. I can't believe I had to go back to work on Monday instead of enjoying my Cali - and of course wrestling with that darn torch
and now I have lost the torch...I was at a wedding reception and camping nearby. The torch was in my jacket pocket but at some point during the revelry it went missing. Anyone know where I can get a replacement - I really only want it to fill the hole that is left behind!

Thanks

Rick

and now I have lost the torch...I was at a wedding reception and camping nearby. The torch was in my jacket pocket but at some point during the revelry it went missing. Anyone know where I can get a replacement - I really only want it to fill the hole that is left behind!

Thanks

Rick
eBay or Amazon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_s...RS0&_nkw=12v+socket+LED+torch&_sacat=0&_oac=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_n...D+torch&ie=UTF8&qid=1465909782&rnid=419152031

I think rcsb wants the Cali torch.
I like mine
I always put it back so I don't loose it
It is not to bright , which is good if you need it for a night time wee and don't want to much attention
And it is magnetic, at times I have an awkward post to negotiate at night, and put it on the side of the van, so I can see not to ding the side
And in a mosquito area, with the door shut at night, under the awning, it is like a little candle
So I want mine, but maybe those who hate it so much will sell theirs to rcsb

Thanks Cyclopath, yes I do want the original - and thanks for the tip about it being magnetic!

Rick