Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've Got It.......

Looks exactly like ours (but newer); splendid! :D

P1020563.jpg

What a great idea and a perfect present for your retirement. Enjoy!

Have put down the dark grey floor mats onto my list and the orange thingy on the rear for the spare! (Okay and the side bars)

your new van looks fantastic hope you have many adventures in it :D :thumb

Nice! And I can almost see the house I grew up in, in the background :D

Did you sleep in it last night?
Lovely clear evening!

Hi Welshgas

Thanks for posting your pics, Cali looks great.

I see you have the 17"Thunder alloys and a Sparesafe on the back.
Please could you tell me which Locking wheel bolt did you order for your spare, long or short? I am guessing you have a standard steel spare with that wheel spec.

Just called Sparesafe and out of stock at the moment.

Thank you

Correct.steel spare. But ordered long bolt. Fits perfectly.

Well the MotorHome iBoost works well, connected to neighbours BT-Fon system.

One thing I noticed on my new vehicle. Went to put some strips of clear duct tape on the back of the wardrobe sliding panels, as suggested on this Forum, Already done by VW. :thanks VW

With the 12v Charger being relocated to a cooler spot with the possibility of more airflow and hence avoiding a thermal cutout operating - as has been mentioned on this Forum, are VW browsing the Forums for the California and implementing some of the excellent suggestions put forward by members?????

I think they do check it out.

Any first trip plans?

We got ours in January do didn't actually camp until April; even then it was zero degrees!

1/2 way. My Daughter and her husband have a smallholding in Norfolk. We will be camping in their paddock and they are doing the cooking & washing up. Then we'll be visiting my son & fiancee in Norwich and staying on a local campsite.
Dual duvet and heater should cope. :smile :smile

WelshGas said:
1/2 way. My Daughter and her husband have a smallholding in Norfolk. We will be camping in their paddock and they are doing the cooking & washing up. Then we'll be visiting my son & fiancee in Norwich and staying on a local campsite.
Dual duvet and heater should cope. :smile :smile

A "soft" camp is a great idea first time around. We stay in the wife's grandads field in Rock occasionally; always a decent shower and loo nearby if needed!

The heater is brilliant; you'll be fine. It takes a few to get used to it (smells a bit on start up, makes a funny whooshing noise intermittently) but it's soon forgotten. I find the noise quite relaxing now!

First trip out to Ogmore Beach for a walk and nice cuppa.
Tested the roof, gas hob and Parking heater. All working fine.

View attachment 4003 View attachment 4004 View attachment 4005 View attachment 4006 View attachment 4007 View attachment 4008 View attachment 4009 View attachment 4010 View attachment 4011

Hi Welsh Gas

When we get ours in April it would be good to meet up somewhere to exchange notes (well actually for me to make notes!!)

Best wishes

Julian

ps VW looks superb!

Hi Welsh Gas

When we get ours in April it would be good to meet up somewhere to exchange notes (well actually for me to make notes!!)

Best wishes

Julian

ps VW looks superb!
No problem. Send us a PM and we can arrange a meet up.

Picked it up this morning, having ordered it in May, for garenteed delivery on the 1st December. I retired yesterday.
Early morning rail trip to Hereford, South Hereford VW, and there it was, waiting for me.
Natural Grey metallic California SE. 180 BiTurbo, 4 Motion, Bluemotion, DSG. RNS510, Media In, Mud Flaps, Stainless Steel Sidebars, Safe.
Have already fitted full mid-grey carpet set, SafeT lock for spare wheel and Dubreflecta wind deflectors as well as Gaz cylinder and Bellows bungee.
MotorHome WiFi , CO alarm and various bits and pieces to be fitted.
Off to IKEA tomorrow for some storage boxes etc.

Had a 2.5 HR handover, and ALL my questions answered.

A couple of interesting extras, 12v socket torch and Bluetooth included even though not specced and not paid for. Well Pleased.

Couple of interesting things. 2nd battery and Charger now under wardrobe section accessible via inspection panel from boot.8 pegs for awning poles!,
Tomorrow down to local beach for a cup of freshly brewed tea. I know, ridiculous, but have to check everything out as will be staying in it over Christmas on my Daughter's small holding in Norfolk.
:bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance
are your mud flaps factory fitted. forgot to order mine on new cali. thanks

Factory fitted. I believe it is a different fitting if done ex-factory.

Happy days - enjoy your retirement in the happy bus!