Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand 600/680 Birth and bed layout

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have tried searching but not still not clear how many birth the 600 and 680 are or how big the actual beds are. Have any layouts been published? We are a family of four with who are fairly tall and have 10 & 12 year old children, coupled with the Labrador our California has seemly shrunk over the years!

I'm on the verge of going for a Adria Matrix 670 but the only thing stopping me if the Fiat platform so really want to know a bit more about the Grand.

Found the configurator on the German Site and now know they are both two births and the 600 has a 2800 euro option for a 'loft bed'
It seems weird that this bigger van isn't really any bigger with smaller beds then the Cali, The rear seats look tight too.
I when I see what the Adria has to offer for £59K this is a bit disappointing, maybe I need to see it in the flesh.

The number refers to the length of the vehicle, just shy of 6m and just shy of 6.6.

The bed dimensions for the 600 are on the video I did for the club, I cant remember exactly but I think its 1.93m by 1.36m on the 600 I understand you sleep width ways. The loft bed is 1.6m and suitable for kids only really.

The 680 bed is apparently is slightly longer but not much.

Found the configurator on the German Site and now know they are both two births and the 600 has a 2800 euro option for a 'loft bed'
It seems weird that this bigger van isn't really any bigger with smaller beds then the Cali, The rear seats look tight too.
I when I see what the Adria has to offer for £59K this is a bit disappointing, maybe I need to see it in the flesh.
How about one of these? I have family members who had a Westy Exclusive on the T4 longwheelbase. The Hymercar offers quite a bit more space without feeling like its been 'supersized'. And that pop-top is an amazing place to spend time.

I'm afraid we couldn't wait and have ordered a Westfalia Columbus, realise it's based on the fiat platform but the fit out looks top notch and has the water heated via the diesel heater system via the underfloor heating system. Even provides a different temperature setting for the shower room, thus allowing wet clothing etc . . to be dried out over night. At least it allows to continue to use 907 camping gaz bottles as unless you get a gasflow system as most other conversions are frustrating to use on the continent.

Also didn't want to risk getting caught out re; exchange rate/potential import tariffs as well as allowing 600/680 to become tried and tested (ignoring that VW is taking an age over the roof debacle!).

Did seriously consider the hymercar option but preferred the clinical fit out as per the cali, rather than the wood options of the hymer.

Should find out the difference in size implications on a trip to Cornwall once delivered!

Back