Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali 600 shower leak

C

Craigie

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi there

I bought a new Grand Cali 600 at end of March and I’m loving it

however, one wee prob I’ve noticed is that anytime I use the shower it leaks under bathroom door. Just wondering if it’s just me or a more common fault? Feels like there needs to be a flange to let water run over gap at bottom of the bathroom door.

grateful for comments from others who have encountered similar problems

thanks
Craig

Hi Graig,

this is a known common problem. Since April 21 the newer models have a plastic strip on the door.
Ask you dealer . In Germany they fix this for the "older" models.

Bart

2AC83C5A-21D8-4EAB-B053-B4D22AF9BD61.jpeg.b4e5d205c860b396843db4418ac6be7f.jpeg

Hi Craig
Our 680 was recalled in Ireland just before we went on holidays and a new deal was bonded to the bottom of the door. We are touring France for the next 9 weeks after getting fully vaccinated before leaving Ireland
John

Hi Graig,

this is a known common problem. Since April 21 the newer models have a plastic strip on the door.
Ask you dealer . In Germany they fix this for the "older" models.

Bart

View attachment 80978
Thanks Bart, this is really helpful. I’ll be visiting my vw dealer next week, after I return from my break from the Scottish Highlands

Hi Craig
Our 680 was recalled in Ireland just before we went on holidays and a new deal was bonded to the bottom of the door. We are touring France for the next 9 weeks after getting fully vaccinated before leaving Ireland
John
Hi John, that’s for your message. Will check out this seal with my vw dealer next week

Enjoy touring France, sounds like an amazing trip and something I long to do when I retire. Hopefully by time I retire, things will have smoothed out for overseas travel and I can get back to enjoying my holidays to France (used to take them for granted !)

All the best

Craig

My shower door leaks even with the new strip fitted my GC was built in June 21, I have also looked at two new GC’s at the Van Centre both July 21 they have the same door strip as me! I have sorted mine out by buying some rubber strip from Tool Station £7. 68 and this has sealed the gap under the door and the door opens and closes perfectly. Anyone else who is experiencing this this is a good fix. Attached is the rubber excluder from tool station.

0DA42617-CF69-4246-A807-47835E3D6CAC.png

Back