Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali Battery “problems”

A

Arj88

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi everyone. I’m new member in that group, I bought a Gran cali one months ago so Im still testing it.
I have some problems with the main battery (housing). When I finish a road trip and stop for the night, it sometimes shows the battery level at 70% instead of 100% . while the engine is running in that moment, The screen appears as if the battery is discharging. (photo).When I turn off the engine, it stays at 70% with voltage around 12.5.
During the next 10 hours approximately, where the only consumption is the refrigerator in night mode, it consumes approximately 30%, reaching 40% in the morning, with low voltage (around 12.2). Is a loss of energy normal for this type of battery? I understood that they had a little more autonomy.Is it normal for the battery to lose energy after a trip? thank you very much to all

IMG_4090.jpeg

Hi and welcome
Yes it can use a fair bit of power overnight.
But it should be 100% charged after a drive.
Do you use the booster charge button on dashboard when driving ? Otherwise it might only charge to 80% not 100%.

Thank you for the welcome and for the quick response. I have not used the fast charging button until now, although at that time I also tried it, and it still gave the same screen indication that I sent previously.

Back