Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali Haldex 4motion Service Costs?

• Thread starter Carryon Cali Camping
  • Start date
Carryon Cali Camping

Carryon Cali Camping

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Just got back from VW Van Centre in Scunthorpe for a major service on my service plan. GC is 4 years old (one of the original demo models on a late 19 plate) and has 10k on the clock. Service was fine, but has been recommended that it has a Haldex service due to being 4yrs old. They have quoted £445 for a Haldex service as it’s not part of the service plan and I just wanted to check if this price is about right? thanks in advance

Last edited:
Vw main dealers don’t clean the filter in the Haldex . Waste of time . Use good independent. Probably half that price .

That seems far too much, on my Golf R it was a well under half that !
i also did it myself a few times and cleaned the filter gauze on the pump, for £38 to buy the genuine haldex fluid and seals for pump.

did a search, I sold golf and don’t have invoices anymore, Someone on golf owners club last year and dealer cost was:

The price for the Haldex service would be £134.78 inc VAT. (Oil + Filter Clean & Replacement of Drain + Fill Plugs)

I can’t see why it would be over £400 on a grand California, if anything easier because the rear axle much more accessible

did a search, I sold golf and don’t have invoices anymore, Someone on golf owners club last year and dealer cost was:

The price for the Haldex service would be £134.78 inc VAT. (Oil + Filter Clean & Replacement of Drain + Fill Plugs)

I can’t see why it would be over £400 on a grand California, if anything easier because the rear axle much more accessible
Yep! I called a couple of indies this afternoon and they are going to get back tomorrow with a firm price, but 1 estimated around £150 plus VAT and they said that they clean the filter etc. I then called the dealer back and mentioned it, they just said thats their fixed price! So I’ll get it booked locally tomorrow.

Just to close this out….I now have it booked in with a local indie garage in a couple of weeks time. Total price including VAT £155 and they’ve confirmed that they clean the filter, replace the seals etc. Thanks for the advice and help!

Back