Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 600 Water issues

gleneagles

gleneagles

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
I am taking my Grand California out for the first time since last year and just going through a series of checks. Filled it with fresh water and that was all straight forward. Thought I would check the kitchen sink to make sure the pump worked ok and water started pouring out from underneath at the location of the rear bench seat. I can't seem to stop water escaping from this outlet and it is just pouring out. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong ? D

I am taking my Grand California out for the first time since last year and just going through a series of checks. Filled it with fresh water and that was all straight forward. Thought I would check the kitchen sink to make sure the pump worked ok and water started pouring out from underneath at the location of the rear bench seat. I can't seem to stop water escaping from this outlet and it is just pouring out. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong ? D
You need to reset the frost protection valve. Open the little door in the end of the bench seat where the Truma control panel is. Behind that there the frost protection valve. Reset it.

IMG_0190.jpeg

This is obviously not fitted in a GC but shows the button to press in and the top knob to rotate.

You need to reset the frost protection valve. Open the little door in the end of the bench seat where the Truma control panel is. Behind that there the frost protection valve. Reset it.
Thank you, I have tried that switch in different positions and the water keeps flowing. Should the tap at the top be at right angles to the unit or in line and should the button be depressed or out a small amount. I am heading to Wales and will be going through Abergavenny , is that where you are located ?

Thank you, I have tried that switch in different positions and the water keeps flowing. Should the tap at the top be at right angles to the unit or in line and should the button be depressed or out a small amount. I am heading to Wales and will be going through Abergavenny , is that where you are located ?
The top knob should be in line, the button pressed in, it may stick out a little.
There is also a drain valve on the floor just behind the boiler, but tricky to reach through the mops all opening but possible. Just double check that is closed fully clockwise.

I’m in west Oxford not Wales.

@gleneagles there are also 2 drain valves under the flap in the floor, front of electrical cupboard, be worth checking those too. Should be fully closed. Clockwise.

The top knob should be in line, the button pressed in, it may stick out a little.
There is also a drain valve on the floor just behind the boiler, but tricky to reach through the mops all opening but possible. Just double check that is closed fully clockwise.

I’m in west Oxford not Wales.
Thank you, I will try what you suggest. I think I 'm too old for this lark, much easier to stay in a hotel !

Back