Grand California "New Shop"

J

Jester

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi All,

Just found this interesting shop on our good friends forum Germany.

Hope they distribute to the UK unlike some outlets over there.

Its about time someone made the shower tray platform, I had one made from Flexiteek from the marine industry.
https://www.flexiteek.co.uk/

Last edited:
some photos may help those wanting to know more

Bureaucratic rules and permits etc have caused many EU Businesses to stop sending goods to the UK as it isn't viable on a small scale operation.
we can only hope that over time this will be sorted, relies on a Political will sadly.

some photos may help those wanting to know more
Thanks, forgot to post the link.

Maybe someone in the UK will hopefully do something along these lines. I'm hoping our home industry will grow.

Bureaucratic rules and permits etc have caused many EU Businesses to stop sending goods to the UK as it isn't viable on a small scale operation.
we can only hope that over time this will be sorted, relies on a Political will sadly.
IMO it can still be viable for a small business. Having understood the rules and permits and any additional costs involved they adjust their pricing accordingly. It’s then up to the customer whether they purchase or not.

Looks excellent and reduces the sterile look (IMO) of the GC's interior

looks like the base is in Hamble Southampton

Hi where did you get your shower tray made ? Thanks

Hi where did you get your shower tray made ? Thanks
Morning,

A local marine agent that re decks boats, think your on the south coast, you should find someone on a marina. Or someone on the marina will know who.

They/you take a template then a piece of ply then cover with flexiteek or similar.

Will

Thanks. It looks like the others are made on a cnc machine and I wondered if someone had the digital template

Hi All,

Just found this interesting shop on our good friends forum Germany.

Hope they distribute to the UK unlike some outlets over there.

Its about time someone made the shower tray platform, I had one made from Flexiteek from the marine industry.
https://www.flexiteek.co.uk/

I tried ordering this for delivery to U.K. but they couldn’t do it at the time.
next best solution was to set up a German a mailbox account with MailboxDE.com and ship there. I then paid around EUR 23 to have them ship it to me by UPS (note to input a low value for shipping purposes)
All very quick and arrived in around 1 week

I tried ordering this for delivery to U.K. but they couldn’t do it at the time.
next best solution was to set up a German a mailbox account with MailboxDE.com and ship there. I then paid around EUR 23 to have them ship it to me by UPS (note to input a low value for shipping purposes)
All very quick and arrived in around 1 week
Brilliant, was it the shower tray you ordered and are you happy with the quality.

Brilliant, was it the shower tray you ordered and are you happy with the quality.
Hi.
Yes it was the shower tray - it does seem good quality and fits well but I’ve not used the shower with it in yet.
I had a 2020 GC 600 purchased from Leicester VW last week, so busy planning small mods and trips away.

Hi.
Yes it was the shower tray - it does seem good quality and fits well but I’ve not used the shower with it in yet.
I had a 2020 GC 600 purchased from Leicester VW last week, so busy planning small mods and trips away.
Well now we have the weather go out and enjoy

Photos for anyone interested.
If using mailbox.de to arrange postage to the U.K. it may send you an email saying that the dimensions mean a large parcel surcharge. This is incorrect so don’t pay it. Shipping with them should be around EUR 23 on UPS

A99C1B3D-23AA-4865-90A7-28227B004269.jpeg

A9B7D144-389C-40FC-8DFF-9768977769AE.jpeg

Now I’m feeling guilty. I’ve been trying to get round to doing that for a year and eventually ordered one from yes campervan. £168 delivered in 5 days from Southampton. It looks good quality.

Looks good...do you mind me asking...what have used on the underside as "feet" to protect the shower tray?...a picture?
Don't beat yourself up...I'm a retiree with a bit too much time on my hands!!

Good morning, Leeb!
Apologies for butting in on this thread but thought you might be interested that I attached some plastic doorstops from B&Q with brass screws. They do the job! (Please ignore the sloppy varnishing on the underside of the shower tray…)

8323B7AD-97E4-4CFA-9BA8-D9A122E576D5.jpeg

654E341E-9C4E-41C6-BE38-C73429A001E3.jpeg

3784D9E4-8B3B-4955-978A-2CE1C8AE14AD.jpeg

Ian that is a very good job, especially considering it was probably a one off piece. Having made several myself (including the one shown by simonizzy) I appreciate the effort! All those edges require a lot of cutting, sanding and varnishing.
We have recently released our second generation shower tray board, we are now manufacturing them from a high density cork and have the first batch in stock ready for delivery. As a forum trade member we offer 5% discounts to all VIP club members. www.yescampervan.co.ukGC ST3 small grain.jpgGC ST3 reverse.jpg

Ian that is a very good job, especially considering it was probably a one off piece. Having made several myself (including the one shown by simonizzy) I appreciate the effort! All those edges require a lot of cutting, sanding and varnishing.
We have recently released our second generation shower tray board, we are now manufacturing them from a high density cork and have the first batch in stock ready for delivery. As a forum trade member we offer 5% discounts to all VIP club members. www.yescampervan.co.ukView attachment 113655View attachment 113656
Very nice :thumb

Back