Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings from West Cornwall.

boxerdog1

boxerdog1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well I've finally got round to buying a California Ocean in Reflex Silver. Picked it up at beginning of week from Beadles Van Centre at Chelmsford , 8 months old with 5000 miles on clock . It's a 150ps DSG with a few extras inc. Discovery media and power closing side door . Drove it back the 340 odd miles to Cornwall and absolutely loved it , just like driving a car in fact.

Been toying with idea of a T6 for a few years now , initially researching the converted Highline model route but prices for low mileage under a year old professional built examples with the higher output engines and DSG and decent spec. were within 15/20% of factory Oceans and longer term residuals made my mind up in the end .

Now need to go on a course to understand all the stuff in the vehicle ! Insurance was a bit of an issue at first as I simply amended vehicle on the Quote me Happy website and cover was accepted at no additional premium (previous vehicle just sold was a Skoda Superb 280ps Kombi ) . However I input wrong start date for cover and could not amend on line so when I eventually got a response to an E Mail I was told 'we don't cover Camper Vans' and policy was cancelled . Needless to say this issue is subject to a full complaint as they were still issuing quotes on one of the Comparison sites up until yesterday and strangely enough they are not today !

However this Club saved the day by making me aware of AIB Insurance who have been amazing and provided great cover underwritten by Aviva for a very competitive premium . I can't recommend Kirby at AIB highly enough.

No doubt I'll be back on forum soon with a load of questions ...... Jim aka 'Boxerdog1'

:welcomeAboard nice to hear you are enjoying the van have you got a name for it yet and don't forget the photos:thumb

Welcome ( special hello) from south Cornwall pictures please ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Club! My "Boys" also say Hi

IMG_20191202_104513_resized_20191218_071347686.jpgDSC00095.JPG

:welcome Congrats and enjoy

Obligatory photo of the new addition please

Welcome here! Good to hear you‘ve got the insurence thing solved/on it‘s way!
Love to see your van!
Happy camping!

Welcome boxerdog, need the piccys! We have travelled 380 miles today to your part of the world St Ives, bit wet lol. No boxer for us but our old girl Bella.
A38D87BE-D226-4F05-9013-F6D5FC82B589.jpeg