Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gremlins?

H

Harrythecat

VIP Member
Two slight issues I'd like advice with if possible? The clean water tank indicator on the control panel is flashing. Tank is fairly full but I wouldn't have thought overfilled. Manual doesn't appear to show anything about the indicator flashing unless I've missed it.

Secondly a couple of times we've had a fault beep and a brief warning light to say the side door isn't fully closed whilst in motion. Could that be a sensor issue, a connection issue, or something else?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Hello,
First :
I never see my water tank indicator flashing, yet I still completed more than possible, but be careful not to fill with a strong water jet can damage the sensor .... it happened to a friend who put the water hose too far into the tank.

Second:
At the stop, the door closed, try to "shake" the door to check if the sensor (or door connection) is not too sensitive.

Thanks Fred. No high powered hoses used. I did just have a thought though. I've had the pump replaced by the local dealer. Could that have triggered it?

I'll also try shaking the door. Many thanks.

Ok,
But what you mean by flashing ? All the tank indicator blink or only the first one level bar ? (total of 3 bar)

I looked at my user's manual:
if malfunctioning tank indicator => empty tank or defective probe

this may be the case if the pump has been replaced, the probe is near ...

If any icon on the controlpanel is flashing it means a fault.

Thank you sd5000. The reset on the control panel seems to have sorted the 'flashing' out. They probably reconnected the electrics but forgot to reset.

As for the door Fred shaking doesn't seem to aggravate it but I don't think you're far away. Everything seems to be properly tight and the door closes alright. Occasionally when we're in motion I get an audible ping, a visual of the open door on the screen, and I can hear the door mechanism resetting. We are currently running up and down mountain roads and round hairpins so that certainly contributes. I think it's sensor related, maybe related to what appear to be electrical connectors where the door latches.

Thank you sd5000. The reset on the control panel seems to have sorted the 'flashing' out. They probably reconnected the electrics but forgot to reset.

As for the door Fred shaking doesn't seem to aggravate it but I don't think you're far away. Everything seems to be properly tight and the door closes alright. Occasionally when we're in motion I get an audible ping, a visual of the open door on the screen, and I can hear the door mechanism resetting. We are currently running up and down mountain roads and round hairpins so that certainly contributes. I think it's sensor related, maybe related to what appear to be electrical connectors where the door latches.
The electrical connectors you refer to just supply power to the latching motor. I'm still away at present but I believe the sensors for the side door are in or around the upper rubber seal, about mid way across the door opening. There are adjustable door spacers on the rear edge of the sliding door. Could be worth turning the top one in by 1 revolution. If this reduces the frequency then try a 2 nd or 3 rd turn in.

Thanks Welshgas. I've had a quick look in less than ideal conditions and couldn't locate the sensor but I'll have another go in daylight. Likewise all I can find at the back of the door are rubber bushes which do turn but I'm not sure they adjust.

Thanks Welshgas. I've had a quick look in less than ideal conditions and couldn't locate the sensor but I'll have another go in daylight. Likewise all I can find at the back of the door are rubber bushes which do turn but I'm not sure they adjust.
The rubber bushes do adjust in an out as you turn them.

Back