Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grey plastic ?washers? found in roof. Can anyone identify?

Another useful thread, I found a couple of these recently and wondered what they were for. Taking the bellows off to replace them sounds rather drastic!

Another useful thread, I found a couple of these recently and wondered what they were for. Taking the bellows off to replace them sounds rather drastic!
Ours were replaced quickly under warranty - an hour or so. I covered the new ones with duct tape to make sure they don't get knocked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VW will fix this under warranty. We have the same problem. However to fix they have to remove the bellows and VW insist on giving you new bellows at the same time. I was going to delay our fix until after the summer.
Interesting. I cannot see why the bellows have to be removed and replaced .
I would check very carefully as to whether the Dealership know exactly what they are doing.

Whilst trying to identify a creak/rattle whilst driving rough roads from somewhere on the NS behind the passenger seat at about worktop to head height, (possibly from behind the kitchen lighting panel), I found these grey plastic discs.

I lifted the roof and found them on the van roof perimeter next to the bed, just over the kitchen area 2x on the NS & 1x on the OS above the door.

Any ideas what they are off?? & should I be worried? :boohoo

Sorry for piccy quality as it's off an old phone.

View attachment 372
Does anyone know the part number for replacements, Thanks

VW gave me a bag of replacements and I just replace when the "washers" appear. Only used one so far.

Did you manage to just get your hand up in there to get the new one in? Did you bother taking the old plastic bit out of the bed frame first and if so, how?

The little discs that come from the upper bed. Over the course of 15 months of ownership since new, I've found 5 of them.

Until now I've just put them in the glove box. I'm at a camp site in France with a little time on my hands so though I would investigate further. I can't see any way to reattach so:

1. Do they need to be reattached?
2. Can they be reattached, or do I need to ask the dealer for some new ones?

Cheers
85764f72d7b2fd2e0df6a0e717d4f5a3.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

We also lost a handful. I'll let the dealer sort it - too complicated to do it myself....

I’ve lost four in 6 months and the headlining now rattles. Unsure if removing the bellows is nessesary....or is it??
Has anybody found a home made fix??

I bought some from TPS, replaced them did not have to remove the bellows. Just push the inner bit in and knock a new one in.

I bought some from TPS, replaced them did not have to remove the bellows. Just push the inner bit in and knock a new one in.
Any idea of the part number? I've searched and totally failed to find the part.

I was looking at these yesterday, and I cannot fathom why they are made so flimsy.

Last edited:
The headlining under the upper bed is coming away in two places,I’ve found there are 2 caps mussing which press into the side of the headlining keeping it in place,I found one of the broken caps picture attached.Is it possible to obtain replacements and is there any problems fitting them ie is the broken off piece still in place.Its a shame my warranty has just run out

CE77050A-5921-482C-98CE-13E5292FE982.jpeg

F98A2499-8C5B-45D3-9592-4296633544D8.jpeg

Hi yes they are available from vw and they are easy to replace you can normally screw in a 3.5mm self tapping screw into the middle of the old stud and wiggle it out with a pair of pliers. If you put your roof about three quarters of the way up there is enough movement in the bellows to achieve this.

Has anyone tried to replace the ones in the bottom corner as it is below the level of the bellows

I popped into Breeze in Poole because I was passing hoping I might be able pickup up some. I was told they cost some rediculous amount.

Van is booked into my local dealer next week to get it sorted under warranty. Hope they don't mess up my bellows in the process!

I popped into Breeze in Poole because I was passing hoping I might be able pickup up some. I was told they cost some rediculous amount.

Van is booked into my local dealer next week to get it sorted under warranty. Hope they don't mess up my bellows in the process!

I’ve just ordered some 65p each from Southern Motor Group Cowfold,here is the picture of the part number.I hope they are easy to fit,my warranty expired last month.The hard bit is apparently getting the old broken section out which you can do by screwing in a small self tapping screw

B7A0218F-2F08-415F-B27F-661A1EC2B8CE.png

Many thanks. I'll file that for future reference. Mine is still under warranty and has to go in for a couple of other things so I'll leave it to SMG Tonbridge to sort.

If Breeze had offered me these at 65p I would have bought them and done it myself.

I had some of those washers refitted when my Cali was in for a check up , they where not charged seperate as they came under the "habitatian check-up" .
Cali's arrive in the showroom with those fallen off , i remember finding one in mine when opening the roof within the first months , took me a while before a knew where it came from .

I replaced mine with these, far far better0F095B82-8769-4A6B-860A-4775D1C056AA.jpeg

• Clever Stuff
Reactions: Loz
Hi Billywizz, do the VW panel clips fit exactly like the original (useless) ones ?
I.e exactly the same hole size ?
They fit better, a perfect fit and I’d even go to say it’s a permanent fix It took me all of 15 mins to complete.
I replaced 4 each side up in the roof in 5 mins then 1each side near the struts from below.

Vw panels clips are available from eBay, vw, or van converters