Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grey plastic ?washers? found in roof. Can anyone identify?

Hi yes they are available from vw and they are easy to replace you can normally screw in a 3.5mm self tapping screw into the middle of the old stud and wiggle it out with a pair of pliers. If you put your roof about three quarters of the way up there is enough movement in the bellows to achieve this.

Hello VW Guru! SO glad I found this thread conversation, even if it goes back a few years. We've just bought a T6 Cali and six of these plastic washers are either broken off or missing. One side of the headlining very floppy indeed. Have looked on TPS and on Cali Club shop but to no avail so I'm wondering if you are you able to sell me some of these washers?
Hope so!
Ta!
Stu

Hello VW Guru! SO glad I found this thread conversation, even if it goes back a few years. We've just bought a T6 Cali and six of these plastic washers are either broken off or missing. One side of the headlining very floppy indeed. Have looked on TPS and on Cali Club shop but to no avail so I'm wondering if you are you able to sell me some of these washers?
Hope so!
Ta!
Stu
Hi mate

Don’t use the ones VW try to secure the lining up with, you will always have the same problem. Get these from your local VW dealer or eBay....10pcs X Genuine Volkswagen VW Panel Fixing Clips Carpet in Black For VW T4 T5 T6

Hi mate

Don’t use the ones VW try to secure the lining up with, you will always have the same problem. Get these from your local VW dealer or eBay....10pcs X Genuine Volkswagen VW Panel Fixing Clips Carpet in Black For VW T4 T5 T6
I’m assuming you mean the two piece rivet clips?

Hope so!
Ta!
Stu
Yes we could supply you with the correct clip or the other rivet clip I think @Billywizz is on about or I could give you the part numbers so you can source them locally

Wish I'd just bought the clips off eBay. Apparently my dealer only has 1 in stock and I need 6. They need to order more from Germany.

Waste of time and fuel taking my Cali in. I now have to collect it and return again when the clips arrive.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Wish I'd just bought the clips off eBay. Apparently my dealer only has 1 in stock and I need 6. They need to order more from Germany.

Waste of time and fuel taking my Cali in. I now have to collect it and return again when the clips arrive.

I got these from Southern motor group Cowfold,they ordered them within 2 days,I hope they last

image.jpg

Two part light grey vw panel clips from eBay, UK seller, couple of day delivery, £2.19 for 10nr .
Perfect fit and very secure, only replaced four missing ones for now, but I now have the spares for when ( not if ) the others fall out.

Thanks for the tip Billwhiz
:cheers

Two part light grey vw panel clips from eBay, UK seller, couple of day delivery, £2.19 for 10nr .
Perfect fit and very secure, only replaced four missing ones for now, but I now have the spares for when ( not if ) the others fall out.

Thanks for the tip Billwhiz
:cheers
I can only find them on eBay 10 for £10, can you supply the link or a picture so I can locate them

TPS

Hi... i found these two plastic washers while cleaning out our T6. Any ideas where they might have come from? They are about the size of a stamp and the smooth side has a slight raised profile.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

IMG_2866.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This should help

yes. they hold the head lining on underneath the bed. they get snapped off when unzipping the side windows. they live on the sides where you put your hand up to operate the window zips.

See post 63 for the solution to each one that will inevitably break.

Why keep going back?, surely you you just buy the replacement rivets and replace as necessary and save yourself the visit?
They got done on each service (2) and another time when I got suspension done. It’s still a pain in the d£&k to manage so the kids don’t swing on it but point noted, I’ll be ordering those rivets when they snap again. And they will I’m sure.

Just fixed our coming-away ceiling with advice and clips recommended by Perfectos & BillyWhizz, thank you. Just copying this in from another thread as it's more relevant here.

It was good advice to have the roof not quite fully up so that the bellows allow some movement, as the holes are awkward to get at. Putting the new clips/plugs in requires some pressure at an awkward angle, but we managed to do it with a smart tap with a hammer from outside the bellows (carefully).

It is a bit fiddly, but the idea that VW feel the need to take off the bellows to do the work is ludicrous - perfectly possible to fix it without.

Just fixed our coming-away ceiling with advice and clips recommended by Perfectos & BillyWhizz, thank you. Just copying this in from another thread as it's more relevant here.

It was good advice to have the roof not quite fully up so that the bellows allow some movement, as the holes are awkward to get at. Putting the new clips/plugs in requires some pressure at an awkward angle, but we managed to do it with a smart tap with a hammer from outside the bellows (carefully).

It is a bit fiddly, but the idea that VW feel the need to take off the bellows to do the work is ludicrous - perfectly possible to fix it without.
Billy Whizz should be credited with the fix, but thank you for your acknowledgment