Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GTI T6 Ocean Seat Covers - Help Needed

BedfordBoy

BedfordBoy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,

OK, I have these beautiful new seat covers for my beautiful new T6 Ocean. I've taken a look and this isn't going to be easy!

Has anybody any idea how to get the plastic panel off the bottom of the front seat at the back without forcing it off. Especially the bottom lugs.? Also, can't quite see what part of the bottom of the seat the cords and elasticated pull loops go around. As the seat swivels they must be near the foam of the seat bottom?

Is there not a manufacturers video demonstrating this? Better than the old one on /video (already viewed) which is worse than useless!

Thanks for any advice

On my first Cali I used brute force, I don’t recommend this method as I broke both the round clip at the top, and the oblong one at the botttom. My new Cali I was a lot more patient and managed to get them off and only bent the oblong clip at the bottom. So long and the short of it, I couldn’t see a way of getting that panel off without damaging it without a bit of luck.

Other things I learnt. - there are two indentations on the plastic arm cover. Once you know that, the cover comes off easily (I have a picture if you need it). Also, when doing an Ocean back seat, it’s easier to lift it the few inches without removing the screw in the small retaining strap. This means that you also don’t have to pull the plastic pins that hold the panel above the under seat drawer. It’s a bit more fiddly to get the hooks under the cushion and onto the metal rods, but you save a bit of knuckle skin.

Good luck.

Thanks Captain Steve but even if i could get the plastic off without breaking it, any ideas what i do with the 3 elasticated loops and the 2 cords?

thanks

Hi B.B.

If you mean the cords for the base, all I did was to make sure that the cover went round the base, then I tied the two outside ends together, effectively pulling it tight around the base. Then I just wrapped the two inner cord ends through the tight base cord, and left it like that. It’s been fine since.

Like you, I didn’t find the video great, so just made it up as I went along.

Cheers

Steve

Back