Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guide price for 2006 ocean

K

katyjw

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, can someone give me a ball park figure for a slightly rough round the edges 2006 ocean, 140k miles on the clock.
Thanks

Hi, can someone give me a ball park figure for a slightly rough round the edges 2006 ocean, 140k miles on the clock.
Thanks

2006 model will be an SE rather than an Ocean. The Ocean name came much later. I can’t help with price but it might be worth sharing any other info you have - e.g engine power (130 or 170) manual or auto, VW serviced, any extras on board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving a ball park value isn't that easy. If you want to work out what this SE is worth then the way to do it is:

If Selling,
I. Ignore any vehicle pricing guides as they are always way off the mark when it comes to valuing Californias.
2.If you are thinking or selling this vehicle to buy a new one then ask your VW Commercial dealer for a trade in price. This is purely to establish a base value.
3. Ask WeBuyAnyCar.Com. That will also give you another clue as to the base value.
4. Do some research by looking for vehicles of a similar age, spec, mileage and condition. Record the prices asked for both private and trade sales separately.
5. If you intend to sell privately you may be able to ask a little more for a well specced vehicle but generally most options won't increase value by much on an older vehicle.
6. In my experience it is condition and service history that will sell a car. So clean it within an inch of it's life and take some great photos of it to assist with the advert and big up its service history.
7. The mileage isn't outrageous for the year or for a vehicle based on a commercial chassis so that should present a major issue if selling.
8. After doing all of the above, take into account how desparate you are to sell it when deciding a price. If you are in a hurry then pitch it to sell, if not then add a reasonable margin onto the price you have arrived at. You can always come down later.
9. Remember VW Campervans are popular regardless of age.

If Buying
1. Get a full HPI check before viewing.
2. Carry out steps 3 and 4 above to establish a rough value before viewing.
3. When viewing do a full inspection noting down every fault and blemish.
4. Check all paperwork against the chassis and owners details.
5. Ask about known faults.
6. Check service history.
7. Test drive the vehicle again noting any issues.
8. If possible take someone who knows these vehicles well that is if you don't.
9. Taking into account all of the issues/faults you have found, roughly calculate how much is required to rectify all faults etc and adjust your offer accordingly. Start low. Don't over bid as you can always go up if the owners says no.

Sorry if that wasn't what you were after but without seeing the vehicle, knowing its problems and condition etc, giving any sort of ball park value won't help you.

Good luck

Last edited:
Or maybe £20k depending on how rough the edges are :)

Always hard to gauge a price but slightly rough I assume it fair given age & mileage but in my opinion it’s should be tipping sub 20k... just

I paid for ours 2005 SE, 2.5 TDI, 5pot, no belt (chain) and 131 hp, 94 K Km on the clock CHF 36k, was well serviced and in good shape!

Giving a ball park value isn't that easy. If you want to work out what this SE is worth then the way to do it is:

If Selling,
I. Ignore any vehicle pricing guides as they are always way off the mark when it comes to valuing Californias.
2.If you are thinking or selling this vehicle to buy a new one then ask your VW Commercial dealer for a trade in price. This is purely to establish a base value.
3. Ask WeBuyAnyCar.Com. That will also give you another clue as to the base value.
4. Do some research by looking for vehicles of a similar age, spec, mileage and condition. Record the prices asked for both private and trade sales separately.
5. If you intend to sell privately you may be able to ask a little more for a well specced vehicle but generally most options won't increase value by much on an older vehicle.
6. In my experience it is condition and service history that will sell a car. So clean it within an inch of it's life and take some great photos of it to assist with the advert and big up its service history.
7. The mileage isn't outrageous for the year or for a vehicle based on a commercial chassis so that should present a major issue if selling.
8. After doing all of the above, take into account how desparate you are to sell it when deciding a price. If you are in a hurry then pitch it to sell, if not then add a reasonable margin onto the price you have arrived at. You can always come down later.

If Buying
9. Taking into account all of the issues/faults you have found, roughly calculate how much is required to rectify all faults etc and adjust your offer accordingly. Start low. Don't over bid as you can always go up if the owners says no.

Sorry if that wasn't what you were after but without seeing the vehicle, knowing its problems and condition etc, giving any sort of ball park value won't help you.

Good luck

If Selling,

If Buying

Good luck
Thank you, all very useful tips. I’m in an unusual situation in as much as I’m buying it off my mum, know the vehicle well. Just want to make sure I give her a fair price. Very hard to find what a sensible price is as there seem to be none around.

Low 20s given the condition.

I saw one for sale last week 140k, 2006 for less than £20k, looked like it had had a hard life, so depends a lot on condition,history, servicing etc. You pays yer money.....

Back