Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gutted we've dented our roof on the bike handlebar!

So the beach has returned with a lovely smooth working roof, our local van centre have offered us a free service along with their apologies and the combination of heat from the sun and realignment has made the bike handlebar dent less significant. Today my dad came along with a rubber mallet, a piece of cardboard and a plank of wood and after just a few determined taps, he got the rest of the dent out at the rear and the roof looks almost as good as new. I'll post some photos if it ever stops raining.

I am delighted that we've gone from potentially spending over £5k as well as all the hassle of having a new roof to it costing us absolutely nothing to get it all sorted.....eventually!

I'm glad we continued to use the roof as with exposure to the sun over several weeks, the aluminium worked its own way back into shape quite a lot and just needed a little help to get it perfect!

That must have been a mega relief for you, that's what dads are for anyways :D
I managed to dig my roof first time out with bikes not realizing there would be no clearance when lifting the tail gate with the roof up...... :censor
Must have missed the warning in the manual !