Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hadleigh, Suffolk

Erbster

Erbster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We (family of four) want to visit my
In laws, who are shielding (vulnerable health). No problem, I said - we’ll just stay in the Cali. Thought that part of Suffolk would have a campsite nearby, but we can’t find anything. Does anyone have any local knowledge? TIA

Polstead C&CC site is 3.9 miles away (7 mins drive).
Have a look at this page, @Erbster . Ukcampsite is my go to site for finding sites, honest reviews by actual campers as well as a good search facility with lots of criteria. This is what comes up for Hadleigh:

Last edited:
Hi @Erbster
We have stayed at Rushbanks wissington which is near Hadleigh.
Pitches are right on the river stour.
Washroom facility is basic to clean.
Great canoe hire and paddling on river to Nayland and the Anchor pub.
Hope that helps and hope in laws stay safe :thumb

Polstead C&CC site is 3.9 miles away (7 mins drive).
Have a look at this page, erbster. Ukcampsite is my go to site for finding sites, honest reviews by actual campers as well as a good search facility with lots of criteria. This is what comes up for Hadleigh:
Page for the site. It’s not cheap but they still seem to have spaces. Loo block not open until August. https://www.campingandcaravanningcl...d/polstead-camping-and-caravanning-club-site/

Thanks Elly - we’d seen that one but minimum stay 2 nights and you have to be in early. Really pricey IMO

Not used UK campsites- there’s lots of possibilities there; thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Erbster
We have stayed at Rushbanks wissington which is near Hadleigh.
Pitches are right on the river stour.
Washroom facility is basic to clean.
Great canoe hire and paddling on river to Nayland and the Anchor pub.
Hope that helps and hope in laws stay safe :thumb

Thanks. Looks lovely. Opening next week, but two night min stay. I think that’s one for a separate trip another time!

Last edited:
We (family of four) want to visit my
In laws, who are shielding (vulnerable health). No problem, I said - we’ll just stay in the Cali. Thought that part of Suffolk would have a campsite nearby, but we can’t find anything. Does anyone have any local knowledge? TIA

Off Topic, but read your entire blog. Nice! Some good tips for camp sites/camper stops and sightseeing. The stop at Lac de Paraloup that used to be a camping, is one from my youth ;-)

Thanks Elly - we’d seen that one but minimum stay 2 nights and you have to be in early. Really pricey IMO

Not used UK campsites- there’s lots of possibilities there; thanks

Yes, I think mega expensive, especially as their facilities aren’t open!

Thanks. Looks lovely. Opening next week, but two night min stay. I think that’s one for a separate trip another time!

It may be worth ringing. Sometimes places will let you stay overnight if you only need a small space And don’t need to use facilities. we’ve even got a space in a caravan club place before - sometimes it’s at the warden’s discretion. Long shot, but worth a try maybe.

Thanks for the comments folks. It’s currently in the hands of Mrs Erbster...