Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Handpresso

Re: Handpresso

I came close to buying one of these but the majority of the reviews say it produces luke warm coffee which I hate. I do know Steve and Linda have the manual version so would be good to hear what they think.

Thanks Martin
I thought the Auto model, connected to 12V, could make a warm espresso coffee

I have manual one and love it, produces lovely espresso :D

Price has dropped on the manual ones since I last looked, down to £57 on Amazon ... very tempted to get one now as I do miss not having my morning shot of espresso when camping.

It is a very easy to use and the espresso it produces is great considering you can make it anywhere. Bit of a pain having to pump it every time you want a coffee but well worth the results. I always warm the water bowl first by rinsing with boiling water so coffee nice and hot when made.

I still haven't understand if the "Auto" can warm up the water by itself :sad

in this video they are pouring in cold water from a bottle so I am assuming the device does heat it, but to what temperature I am not sure as most of the reviews do say the coffee is only warm and not hot, at least with the manual one you are using near boiling water.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbgeGaU-niY[/youtube]

I have the Wild version; utterly brilliant!

Martin said:
I came close to buying one of these but the majority of the reviews say it produces luke warm coffee which I hate. I do know Steve and Linda have the manual version so would be good to hear what they think.

Hi, Martin!

Thanks for thinking of us - sorry for the late reply.

Linda got me the manual Hybrid for my birthday, as I'd been after a Handpresso ever since Kernowlad recommended it :thumb

I wanted the Hybrid one in case we ever needed to use it with ground coffee; in practice ESE pods are a lot less messy (as teabags are to leaves, but more so).

I love it - and manually pumping it up only takes 30 seconds and is definitely part of the charm :D

As people have already said, warming it - and the cups - first means that the coffee stays hot enough for the two minutes it's going to take you to enjoy it!

If you want to borrow it at the meet in May, you're welcome. But if you're thinking about getting one, I'd say go for it!

Best wishes,
Steve

PS we've just bought some Fresco green enamel espresso cups :lol:

Glad you like it!

Is the non ESE function any good ? I may get another but hybrid so we don't have to lug a sack of ESE pods around on our month away!

Sorry - haven't tried it with ground coffee yet, but it looks simple enough.

I wanted the just-in-case option but like the lack of mess with pods - though they're a lot dearer (but then I don't drink loads of coffee, so I don't mind the treat!)

I buy them in bulk from ukcoffeepods.org - better and cheaper than supermarket stuff!

KernowLad said:
I buy them in bulk from ukcoffeepods.org - better and cheaper than supermarket stuff!

Thanks for the link (can't remember/find who I bought mine from!)

Back