Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hard standing

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have aways camped on grass, but with winter comping and last week pitching on a mud fest, I think for winter months we might go for hard standing, just wondered if there are any tips. Also tent pegs, we have rock pegs, I seem to remember somewhere saying it was very hard to get them out ? Also saw somewhere that hardstanding can damage the air pole and ground sheets, I have a footprint but it does not cover the air poles where they touch the ground, worth putting some chopped up foam Matt under them ? Any advice would be great

A claw hammer usually sorts out getting the pegs back out & rock pegs should do the job.
I would use a couple of 99p rubber car mats under the bottoms of the air poles if your footprint doesn't protect them.
Also well worth having a couple of rubber mats to put in the gap between your van & the awning so you've got something comfortable to walk on in bare feet.

Thank Andy claw hammer makes sense, where do you get 99p mats every where I look they are way more, is that a standard floor Matt, sorry for the question if I am being a numpty

Does walking around with a sewn in awning and footprint on the hardstanding get uncomfortable ?

Poundland for dirt cheap mats - might be £1 rather than 99p !

We use a footprint + sewn in groundsheet + fitted carpet & find that's fine on a typical Caravan club hardstanding made up of those sharp chipping.

Yes we have a carpet too, that good to know, thanks for the matting tip, I will get some cheap rubber mats

A suitable size heavy duty canvas tarp placed under the air awning will protect the air awning from hard stand damage and can be used to fill the gap between awning and van.

Back