Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Harry Potter WB Studios and alternatives

Andresz

Andresz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Hello
I booked the ferry to England for 20th of August in prospect of visiting Harry Potter Studios near London. Today I visited their website:
http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/
only to discover that no more tickets are available in August at all.

I did not think about it before, I assumed that this is like Disneyland Paris, where they allow no matter how many people, if they are only ready to pay, disregarding of how long waiting cueues it is going to generate.
Seems not to be the same case in HP London.. Fair enough, but big disappointment for my 15 years old son.

Now, does anybody know if there is alternative way to get to the Park?. Perhaps, other, third party ticket distribution, hole in a fence, incapacitating a guard :crazy ? etc.

If not, what would you recommend to see instead? (ferry not refundable), especially to exploit the great opportunity of travelling by Cali. We have 3 days.
(Except London and Stonehenge, seen recently).

Many thanks
Andrzej

Such a shame. It might be worth phoning them when you arrive in the UK to see if there are any cancellations?

As to 3 days in the UK (avoiding London), it all depends what you like?

Head along the south coast maybe, through the South Downs and into the New Forest? Pretty area with horses roaming wild. There is a motor museum there and places like Lymington are very yacht.

Portsmouth has the Navy dockyards with HMS Victory, Warrior and the Mary Rose if you like old ships?

From there head towards Dorset. Lovely coastline (places like Lullworth), Corfe Castle is nice and there is the Steam Train into Swanage.

Then it's probably time to loop back, maybe inland, taking in Winchester (Cathedral), Arundal is nice with it's castle and maybe Canterbury.

Just a few ideas, but there are many more, depends what you want.

Shout on here if you want help with campsites or wild spots, campsites get very busy in the school holidays.

hth,
dan

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
Such a shame. It might be worth phoning them when you arrive in the UK to see if there are any cancellations?

As to 3 days in the UK (avoiding London), it all depends what you like?

Head along the south coast maybe, through the South Downs and into the New Forest? Pretty area with horses roaming wild. There is a motor museum there and places like Lymington are very yacht.

Portsmouth has the Navy dockyards with HMS Victory, Warrior and the Mary Rose if you like old ships?

From there head towards Dorset. Lovely coastline (places like Lullworth), Corfe Castle is nice and there is the Steam Train into Swanage.

Then it's probably time to loop back, maybe inland, taking in Winchester (Cathedral), Arundal is nice with it's castle and maybe Canterbury.

Just a few ideas, but there are many more, depends what you want.

Shout on here if you want help with campsites or wild spots, campsites get very busy in the school holidays.

hth,
dan

Great recommendations Dan, many thanks. I particurally like the dockyards and steam train, as well as the costline trip.
Do you think arriving at campsite with no advance booking may result in lack of space?

There is also a number of airshows in the period of 21-23 of August:

•21st-22nd - Clacton Airshow, Essex - 2014 will see 23 fabulous years of the annual Clacton Air Show based in the stunning Tendring District along the Essex Sunshine Coast. The event organised by Tendring District Council, is a well-established FREE event and promises to "wow the crowds". – CO15 1LD
•23rd – Dawlish Airshow, Devon - The seaside town of Dawlish is a premier resort on the south coast of Devon and, with its glorious bay and dramatic coastline, it’s the perfect setting for the spectacle that is ‘Dawlish Air Show’. Each year this event attracts over 80,000 people to watch an array of aircraft take to the sky at this award winning air show.
•23rd-24th – Dunsfold Wings and Wheels, Dunsfold Park, Surrey - Firmly established as one of the UK’s most popular family days out , Dunsfold Wings & Wheels will be returning to the historic setting of Dunsfold Aerodrome (home of BBC’s Top Gear), Guildford, Surrey for its tenth successive year. – GU6 8TB
•23rd-25th – Military Odyssey, Kent County Showground, Detling, Kent - Battles, Arena Demonstrations & Living History Displays' Restored Military Vehicles. – ME14 3JF

Perhaps somebody can tell, if there is only one to choose, which one is the most interesting?

Regards
Andrzej

Dawlish air show is good, we may try and get down there this year but its a nightmare to park, possibly easier to park up and get the train.

Shame you missed out on Harry Potter, my daughter Rebecca is still obsessed by it and she went last year, it will be well worth you trying to make the trip back if your son is really into it ( so they had something in common after all )

Martin said:
Dawlish air show is good, we may try and get down there this year but its a nightmare to park, possibly easier to park up and get the train.

Shame you missed out on Harry Potter, my daughter Rebecca is still obsessed by it and she went last year, it will be well worth you trying to make the trip back if your son is really into it ( so they had something in common after all )

Hello Martin
Do you think arriwing to Dawlish day earlier would make the trick with parking?
Yes, Harry Potter seems to be the universal language beetween teenages these days :p Obviously we need to arrive once again, before Bernard becomes too old ;) .

So perhaps see you in Dawlish
Andrzej and Bernard

I would take a look on eBay - Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets appear to be for sale.

I've been a couple of times, once in the Cali.

Search warner brothers on the forum, to find a really cool campsite recommended by other forum users when we went last.

Andresz said:
Do you think arriving at campsite with no advance booking may result in lack of space?

It's definitely a risk at this time of year and the south coast is a popular holiday destination. I'm sure you'll be able to find pitches though, but flexibility will be key :)

You can try a service like pitchup.com for finding spaces (there are phone versions which will tell you what is near to where you happen to be). Saves lots of phoning around.

dan

jamesC said:
I would take a look on eBay - Harry Potter Studio Tour tickets appear to be for sale.

I've been a couple of times, once in the Cali.

Search warner brothers on the forum, to find a really cool campsite recommended by other forum users when we went last.

Thank you James, I followed your advice but not much luck on ebay, even the voucher offered there, valid in theory until 30 of September, was no use in August, due to full booking at the place.

Thank you very much anyway
Andrzej

Back