Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone ordered Jan/Feb MY19?

gvick

gvick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
We have ordered our Cali Ocean Jan 21st.
Currently awaiting a build week and counting down the weeks/ days to delivery.
(I have already bought a dashboard wobbling hula dancer similar to the o e I had in our T2 1970 Bay)
Just wondering if anyone else has placed an order in 2019?

We have ordered our Cali Ocean Jan 21st.
Currently awaiting a build week and counting down the weeks/ days to delivery.
(I have already bought a dashboard wobbling hula dancer similar to the o e I had in our T2 1970 Bay)
Just wondering if anyone else has placed an order in 2019?
Hi there, i ordered mine in early December 2018, they gave me week 6 2019 but was ready in week 4. Still not received van though. I was told by my dealer that it should be here no later than the 15th of March. Ordered van in Spain though.

Hi there, i ordered mine in early December 2018, they gave me week 6 2019 but was ready in week 4. Still not received van though. I was told by my dealer that it should be here no later than the 15th of March. Ordered van in Spain though.
Hi Javier
So yours is about 1 month ahead of ours.
We were told 4 weeks to build number then 8-12 weeks to delivery- do yours @10weeks is about right.

Getting very excited- the wait is awful.

If you add to your order before you get a build date - does anyone know if that delays your build week being allocated?
Thanks

If you add to your order before you get a build date - does anyone know if that delays your build week being allocated?
Thanks
I added some things (led lights, reverse camera,...). No impact on build date for me.

I ordered mine last November and have just been told they are building it next week! Will hopefully pick it up end of March.

Its rare as an adult when you can relive the excitement and anticipation of waiting for Father Christmas! I have my van, but counting down to when the weather's just good enough for our first spring camping trip! I dream about it every day with starry eyes - and I'm in my 50s.

Its rare as an adult when you can relive the excitement and anticipation of waiting for Father Christmas! I have my van, but counting down to when the weather's just good enough for our first spring camping trip! I dream about it every day with starry eyes - and I'm in my 50s.

Me too

Although the winter camping is a good substitute!

Mine was ordered on jan, 2nd with estimated delivery mid June. But just today I was informed my cali will be at the dealer next saturday, Feb 23th... (Ordered and delivered in Belgium)

I have a provisional build week of week 15 which is mid April.
Hopefully 4 weeks to build and 5 to ship puts it at week 24 which is the middle of June.
Booked a Scotland trip 24th June so it’s going to be very tight (may have to hire a Cali) :(:(:(
Looking for encouragement.

I paid nearly £52000 for mine fully loaded in 2010, shudder at the likely cost now.

Still got the old girl having spent about 400 nights in her 2011/12, how could I shun her ?

Soon to repatriate her from Portugal to Wales...then more easy access to Europe-& Wales, Ireland & Scotland, not forgetting England

I paid nearly £52000 for mine fully loaded in 2010, shudder at the likely cost now.

Still got the old girl having spent about 400 nights in her 2011/12, how could I shun her ?

Soon to repatriate her from Portugal to Wales...then more easy access to Europe-& Wales, Ireland & Scotland, not forgetting England
Fully speced 4 motion well over 75k before dealer discount agreed eye watering....and then they make you wait up to 6 months for the privilege lol.

Fully speced 4 motion well over 75k before dealer discount agreed eye watering....and then they make you wait up to 6 months for the privilege lol.

A con trick, there is very little wait for a Morgan these days.

Out in Portugal I can eat for £12 and explore the full menu, while enjoying a river view, then sauntering the 30 seconds to my house to sleep it off....

Are you moving back to the UK?

ordered feb 23rd just been given a confirmed build date of week 13 :pinkbanana

Ordered the 25th Feb was told mid June but waiting for a build date confirmation.
Are Beaches delivered faster than Oceans?

Ordered the 25th Feb was told mid June but waiting for a build date confirmation.
Are Beaches delivered faster than Oceans?

Having read some of the threads on the forum some dealers have an allocation which can explain different build weeks.
That said surely no dealer has sold their allocation in jan/feb?
Not sure if any difference time wise between beach and ocean but I do think the more you spec and the more you keep changing your spec the more time it adds.

It’s just nice know that there are fellow jan/feb Cali orderers out there who are also counting down the days...
@Kevin Beal @zinglefiffy

@NZCol
Next step confirmed build week.:Nailbiting

I ordered an Ocean on 18 Feb and was given build week 15 (early May delivery) Modified on 26 Feb to add tow bar and lost the slot, now awaiting a new date. No rush for us but surprised than a minor option change would affect the build date. Was thinking about changing alloys but unsure if this would further delay.

MIne is an an Ocean Georgeo so it appears it does not make much difference

I ordered an Ocean on 18 Feb and was given build week 15 (early May delivery) Modified on 26 Feb to add tow bar and lost the slot, now awaiting a new date. No rush for us but surprised than a minor option change would affect the build date. Was thinking about changing alloys but unsure if this would further delay.
I believe any option change before build week is confirmed can potentially set back the actual confirmed build week.
I know that on transporters adding the tow bars has added considerable time but not for Calis.
Reading previous threads from last year emissions scandal and even year before I guess up MY19’s are lucky the ordering/build process is relatively straightforward :thumb:thumb
I just want build week confirmed and then onto the next milestone as can’t wait to go out camping/touring :)

Back