Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has anyone ordered Jan/Feb MY19?

Thanks for the insight gvick. Oddly, I got my new build week which is now week 14, 1 week earlier, which dealer says should mean early May for collection. Will cross fingers. Still considering options for wheels. Have any of you upgrade to the Cascavel wheels over the Devenports? Wife thinks I am being a tart and she’ll curb whichever I decide on ;)

Thanks for the insight gvick. Oddly, I got my new build week which is now week 14, 1 week earlier, which dealer says should mean early May for collection. Will cross fingers. Still considering options for wheels. Have any of you upgrade to the Cascavel wheels over the Devenports? Wife thinks I am being a tart and she’ll curb whichever I decide on ;)
I went for the cascavel alloys ( the grey ones not the black diamond cut) but it was agonising- the ones I really want are the 18inch bulli old style wheels that @RetroRed5 got but they are an extra 2kish just for the wheels so you need tyres and even though you could sell say standard devonports for £600 that still is a big extra spend which I can’t afford at mo.

I went for the cascavel alloys ( the grey ones not the black diamond cut) but it was agonising- the ones I really want are the 18inch bulli old style wheels that @RetroRed5 got but they are an extra 2kish just for the wheels so you need tyres and even though you could sell say standard devonports for £600 that still is a big extra spend which I can’t afford at mo.
Yeah those are the ones I am overthinking! What colour did you go for? Indium grey for me but there is a lovely 2 tone Mojave Cali + extra bells in another forum section that looks beautiful but cannot justify the extra cost.

:agreed
I love all the two tone combinations- I test drove a white one and liked that and my wife prefers the iridium grey.
But we owned an old 1970 low light bay in two tone red and white so have gone for that again ie candy white and cherry red. The extras do mount up though and you have to stop somewhere and for me it was the wheels.
I’ve seen mojave beige at the dealers and it’s a great colour also.
If I was ordering a beach I’d defo go for grape yellow :)

Spoke to dealer today
Ordered 22/1/19
Now build date confirmed as week 15 (was provisional so could have shifted)
Expected dealer delivery late May - exciting times
:upsidedown

Just got provisional build week 15 ordered 25th Feb so earlier that first date of mid June.

We ordered in UK 10th December and she docked in the UK last week and we collected her yesterday ♥️

We ordered in UK 10th December and she docked in the UK last week and we collected her yesterday ♥️
Goes to show that ordering is a bit random for delivery dates, we ordered ours in November and hope to pick it up on Friday.

Latest update on my order.
Deep sigh
So dealer says that despite it being scheduled for build week 18-ie 8/4 that a batch of calis are being held back due to a quality control issue and that my Cali is in that batch that is bing checked. Due to the volume of calis this affected it’s having a knock on effect with them being released - so my Cali is still code 20 in build.
Worried I won’t get it fo 20/6 June now.

@VW Guru any light you can shed on this for me please?

Thank you

Greg:help

Latest update on my order.
Deep sigh
So dealer says that despite it being scheduled for build week 18-ie 8/4 that a batch of calis are being held back due to a quality control issue and that my Cali is in that batch that is bing checked. Due to the volume of calis this affected it’s having a knock on effect with them being released - so my Cali is still code 20 in build.
Worried I won’t get it fo 20/6 June now.

@VW Guru any light you can shed on this for me please?

Thank you

Greg:help

Hi Greg I will check with our sales manager and sales controller tomorrow morning and see what the hold up is and what the expectations are.

Hi Greg so I’ve spoken to my sales manger and all he is aware of is WLTP and RDE ( real world driving emissions) other than that there is nothing else that’s we are aware of. Code 20 is accepted for build by the factory.

Hi Greg so I’ve spoken to my sales manger and all he is aware of is WLTP and RDE ( real world driving emissions) other than that there is nothing else that’s we are aware of. Code 20 is accepted for build by the factory.
Thanks for asking - much written on this forum about the anguish of waiting for your Cali once you have ordered and you either seem to get it quick or much longer....
Still hopefully not as long as the emissions delays at end of last year.
I know it’s built just waiting to go from code 20 to code 36 - going to Scotland on 21/6 :sorry

Finally we have a code 36
Cali has been built and left factory (3weeks later than I had expected)
Next steps is notification when at docks - hopefully pick up within 3 weeks.

What does everyone think?

Three weeks sounds reasonable though. just looked back at our emails with the dealer...ours went from being built and at dockside on 4th April, in the UK by 15th April, dealers had it by 22nd April to collecting it on 26th April.

Fingers crossed you'll have it in time for a quick tinker before your trip

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

I am sure it will live up to your expectations, despite the long wait, you will have YOUR specific Ocean, enjoy.

Tom

We finally picked ours up yesterday, ordered 26th Feb. It stalled at code 30 fort 3 weeks, then went from code 36 to dealership in a week!
We bought from VW Van Centre Preston (gulp!) but am pleased to say it all went very well, I gave it a thorough check over before parting with the cash...
Pics will follow!

Thanks @Tom Rae and & @zinglefiffy to say it’s been a journey is an understatement I’ve been going up the walls reading every post and watching every video on Cali’s.
Hopefully 14/6 pick up - fingers crossed :cheers
One things for sure plenty of pics will be posted on collection day.
Now need to sign up for VIP MEMBERSHIP and order some essentials from shop.

We finally picked ours up yesterday, ordered 26th Feb. It stalled at code 30 fort 3 weeks, then went from code 36 to dealership in a week!
We bought from VW Van Centre Preston (gulp!) but am pleased to say it all went very well, I gave it a thorough check over before parting with the cash...
Pics will follow!
Hi @MartG enjoy and do post some pictures- gives comfort to those of us still waiting :thumb

Here we go...
unadjustednonraw_thumb_333-jpg.45501

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_333.jpg

Back