Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have Bosch just saved the Diesel engine?

Good news!

As I have been telling in this whole diesel debate before, it is my belief that we are going towards non-fossil platforms naturally. But it takes much longer times than many people think, and we will see many good innovations before it will happen. This is could be one of them. Today it is not without consequence to produce batteries and electricity, it might be the future, but one should not be blind to see that it is not carbon free to go down this route as things are produced today.

Who knows, maybe there will come solutions that can be retrofitted – there sure will be a marked for it. It's not too distant a thought.

Interesting

Let's see. EGR systems have so far been a bit of an Achilles' heel and the source of many problems in lots of different diesels. I can't see further complication of EGR being good for reliability, but I guess if the car is in for repair it won't be producing any NOx. So that's a good thing.

Very interesting and, nice to read something positive for a change. Surprising what companies/people can pull out of the bag in such a short time period when their backs are against the wall.

I wonder if the mainstream media will bother with it or just wait for the next demonising morsel such as: ‘Pigs forced to drink more as AdBlue demand soars’ etc Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are the diesel haters now...?
Great news.
We just need Volkswagen to stick the 3.0tdi engine in a California and we can have a bloody riot in our vans...

Back