Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have i been duped

hi @Ladymuck do you know which BBQ-cover the used or in which video this was mentioned?
Sorry no I don't. We are currently using the large thick plastic bag we got from our comfort mattress ordered from Campervanbits, it does the job !

I love that they’ve gone for the Beach and also look forward to their videos about how they make it work for them.

Well done ABAB!

I’m watching with interest.
I did the exact opposite. After 6 years with a Beach, had my first child and 9 months later changed it for an Ocean.

Having experienced both, I would never go back to the Beach.

They have some challenges ahead…

I’m watching with interest.
I did the exact opposite. After 6 years with a Beach, had my first child and 9 months later changed it for an Ocean.

Having experienced both, I would never go back to the Beach.

They have some challenges ahead…
well, a huge advantage , especially with a small child, is the facility of having an onboard sink with convenient water supply, IMO. You will need a way to wash you hands, you will need a fridge, you will need some storage for food/clothes and in their case dog food, towel etc.
By the time you kit out a Beach to include those facilities, not sure how much more room left there is compared to an Ocean. Let's see how they arrange it.
To me the advantage of the Beach is when you are not camping, that's the Beach flexibility in transforming itself in a lighter (vs. Ocean) 5+ seats, people carrier .

Anyone seen ABAB latest Vlog?
Apparently they’re looking for drive away awning recommendations…
Was shocked when I saw what van they had bought. They showed snippets of a Crafter on their vlog after they had sold the Ocean. Thought they said they needed bigger!!!!!

They have done awnings before. I used to watch them but they got all commercial and started promoting products and campsites for all the freebies. Travelling Togs - boring beyond belief.

Apologies for all those that liked them.
Totally agree

Was shocked when I saw what van they had bought. They showed snippets of a Crafter on their vlog after they had sold the Ocean. Thought they said they needed bigger!!!!!
Cryptic at the end.

mods to the Beach or also picking up a Crafter?

I think the latter.

Beach is the MPV/overnight van.

Crafter in whatever format is the holiday van.

Are there any bit of the Crafter dash shared with the T6.1?

The beach is a bigger van as it carries more people, that’s what they wanted.
Plus the bed/sleeping will give them more option too (being bigger), what works for one person doesn’t have to work for everyone.
I’m sure they will get to test motorhomes now and then (like they have in the past).
There beech looks like a great van and I’m looking forward to watching there adventures in it.

Last edited:
But obviously the biggest question of all surely is, what colour is it ? ?

But obviously the biggest question of all surely is, what colour is it ? ?
They've gone Ascot White....will they wrap the bottom half?

Look forward to their full review video and to see which options they went for.

They've gone Ascot White....will they wrap the bottom half?

Look forward to their full review video and to see which options they went for.
Do you mean Ascot grey ?
I can see many future vlogs on wraps, kitchen modules, storage solutions etc

Do you mean Ascot grey ?
I can see many future vlogs on wraps, kitchen modules, storage solutions etc
Yep....sorry about that!

Totally agree on the vlog content; will be good to see.

The van was a shock. But I was more surprised of the channel name change this morning to ATentAndBeyond…

They’ve done a great job with the channel, if they manage to blag a bigger van for the longer trips, then perhaps the Beach will work in their favour.

Best of both worlds.

There you go then.
Looks like the Beach worked out well as a Campervan…

Debate over :thumb

They took delivery of a long wheel base Crafter which they plan to convert.

I ordered my vw ocean in September 2020 and I am due to get it at the end of March. I spent hours watching a bus and beyond; and travelling togs on you tube and telling my wife they were living the dream but to my horror they are now doing blogs about selling their calis!!! No hope of meeting them now.. what is the world coming to these people leading us youngsters up the garden path!:) Really though all in jest...I will set up my own you tube channel...I don't think there's a fat bald old accountant on there yet!
Both those vloggers are the worst. A Bus and Beyond became so commercial, lots of freebies etc that it was more like a sales channel and Travelling Togs were just so nauseatignly boring.

Having watched that my immediate reaction was who's paid him to find as many faults as he could with a VW.

The back seat is uncomfortable - he should try a typical coach built Campervan.
Saucepan won't fit in a bedroom locker - try using the kitchen draw.
Headroom is limited when the top bed is used - show me a van with a dropdown bed where headroom isn't limited when the bed is in use.
No space in the boot - come on get real!
No diesel heating for hot water, have to use gas - along with 99% of motorhomes is that really a problem?

This bloke sold me the Cali.

His love of all things Cali shines out of him. He's as honest as it comes. If Bob Flavin criticises something it's because he feels it has failed, nothing else.

Personally I've been jaundiced about camper reviews for the last 8 years.

The only vehicle I have ever seriously reviewed and wrote about was the prairie wagon, it's use in the emigrant trails ( i.e. Oregon trails).

Travelling Togs have very specific requirements. They are keen photographers carrying lots of kit, and often have to be up at the crack of dawn to take photos due to the light conditions. They also stay in some very remote locations in Scotland where the weather is not the best. They initially sold their Cali as they were planning to travel abroad more, but the pandemic put paid to that and they’ve since bought a Hymer Ayers Rock which suits their needs better.

Travelling Togs have very specific requirements. They are keen photographers carrying lots of kit, and often have to be up at the crack of dawn to take photos due to the light conditions. They also stay in some very remote locations in Scotland where the weather is not the best. They initially sold their Cali as they were planning to travel abroad more, but the pandemic put paid to that and they’ve since bought a Hymer Ayers Rock which suits their needs better.
I think Travelling Togs sold their Ayers Rock during lockdown and bought a cottage in the woods somewhere in Scotland, also have a new YouTube channel.

Looks like Togs have rebranded their YouTube channel.CA63E29B-10B5-4BCE-8BD7-9500918C418B.jpeg