Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have i been duped

I didn't realise so many owners watched these other owners who made videos about being owners. Eye opening.
We found the Cali Camper family interesting and useful as like us they have a young family. Lots of useful tips too like a bbq cover for the kids car seats!

Don't watch this Honest review if you already own a Grand.
Sorry Breeze1.

Having watched that my immediate reaction was who's paid him to find as many faults as he could with a VW.

The back seat is uncomfortable - he should try a typical coach built Campervan.
Saucepan won't fit in a bedroom locker - try using the kitchen draw.
Headroom is limited when the top bed is used - show me a van with a dropdown bed where headroom isn't limited when the bed is in use.
No space in the boot - come on get real!
No diesel heating for hot water, have to use gas - along with 99% of motorhomes is that really a problem?

Having watched that my immediate reaction was who's paid him to find as many faults as he could with a VW.
He's a big fan of the Cali. Loves them, he dreams about them.
His kids were crying when he had to hand back a week long loaner.

Watch the first minute of this and you'll see, he has no agenda with Vw.

A few mistakes there Mr flavin.
About turty tree and tree turds wrong.
Maybe take your morecambes out of the kitchen cupboards and put your pans in there?

Don't watch this Honest review if you already own a Grand.
Sorry Breeze1.
Haha, no worries at all, almost gave up half way through, there was a lot of spec information quoted that was incorrect, talk about storage for the table incorrect, basically I did agree with him on the passenger seats. IMO like most camper vans of this size they are not. Daily drive and not meant to be so no comparison should be made and most are for only 2 persons.

But I like the fly screens

I’m not going to list his errors as there are quite a few he obviously didn’t read the spec.

And in not bothered, and I’m changing to the 680 cos I don’t want nippers on board.

Must say loved our Cali and it’s a unique van and is a go anywhere van. Only reason for change was extended trips. That didn’t happen. Maybe 2022.

The back seat is uncomfortable - he should try a typical coach built Campervan.
Saucepan won't fit in a bedroom locker - try using the kitchen draw.
Headroom is limited when the top bed is used - show me a van with a dropdown bed where headroom isn't limited when the bed is in use.
No space in the boot - come on get real!
No diesel heating for hot water, have to use gas - along with 99% of motorhomes is that really a problem?
Your quite right, pleased you took the trouble to list some.
he quoted he filled the water tank to 140 litre and water is pissing out underneath, well it’s only 110 litre tank.

Half way through!!
You weren't meant to watch it :D
Well my mood changed to frustration after listening to him prattling along.
You either like em or you don’t.

Oh and you may call me Jester from now on. Name change..

Will

Well my mood changed to frustration after listening to him prattling along.
You either like em or you don’t.

Oh and you may call me Jester from now on. Name change..

Will
Will do Jester, Although he nailed it at the end, for a couple
its great.

Interesting that travelling togs say their Hymer had a lot of rattles in the back compared to their Cali which had none.

Since selling Cali I've looked at lots of options and still believe the Cali is the best fit for us as a couple empty nesting especially for European travel (dreaming of when we are free)

I think we would buy a Coast over an Ocean if we have another Cali. I like the layout of Hymers but hate chipboard.

I'm glad @Jester pointed out the name change as I was really confused :thumb

Interesting that travelling togs say their Hymer had a lot of rattles in the back compared to their Cali which had none.

Since selling Cali I've looked at lots of options and still believe the Cali is the best fit for us as a couple empty nesting especially for European travel (dreaming of when we are free)

I think we would buy a Coast over an Ocean if we have another Cali. I like the layout of Hymers but hate chipboard.

I'm glad @Jester pointed out the name change as I was really confused :thumb
Like you if I need to go back to a Cali it would be a beach/coast. And agree about the chipboard. Polruan later in the year. Not sure if spelt correctly.
take care

will

Last edited:
Like you if I need to go back to a Cali it would be a beach/coast. And agree about the chipboard. Polruan later in the year. Not sure if spelt correctly.
take care

will
Great walk from Polruan to Polperro along the Coastal path Will and on the other side of the river start at Readymoney Cove and walk to Polkerris with a late lunch at Sam's on the beach. Enjoy.

Can also recommend sitting outside the Russell in Polruan with something alcoholic and The Lugger in Fowey, both great for watching life go by .

Great walk from Polruan to Polperro along the Coastal path Will and on the other side of the river start at Readymoney Cove and walk to Polkerris with a late lunch at Sam's on the beach. Enjoy.

Can also recommend sitting outside the Russell in Polruan with something alcoholic and The Lugger in Fowey, both great for watching life go by .
Morning Karlos,

Looking forward to it, we stayed there in the T6 August 2019 lovely site and run by some lovely people. That hill is something else, notice you didn't mention that!

Great Bass fishing there too not to far from the site.

Never know might bump into you.

Will

Morning Karlos,

Looking forward to it, we stayed there in the T6 August 2019 lovely site and run by some lovely people. That hill is something else, notice you didn't mention that!

Great Bass fishing there too not to far from the site.

Never know might bump into you.

Will
Didn't want to mention the hill, nearly bought a house half way up it a few years ago but decided against it.

Enjoy your travels when we are released, working up north most weeks this year and back to Fowey for long weekends every other week.

Didn't want to mention the hill, nearly bought a house half way up it a few years ago but decided against it.

Enjoy your travels when we are released, working up north most weeks this year and back to Fowey for long weekends every other week.
Understand why you didn’t go for the house think you chose well for the other side. Well hopefully soon you can give up and travel in a new van?

Take care,

Will

I was sad when Cali Camper family sold theirs last year :-( they were my favourite, I don't care that they have 3 growing children, I wanted more of their cali vlogs!
Not heard of Travelling togs so another one to watch at least

One baby and a dog is doable surely? Didn't know they were selling, another favourite, I'll catch up on their vlogs, I want an explanation
FYI - The Cali Camper Van is currently on EBay for £29,500

Anyone seen ABAB latest Vlog?
Apparently they’re looking for drive away awning recommendations…

As it turns out, we haven't "been duped", as they now have a Beach! All our conjectures about them moving to a bigger van, even above 3,5T me included turned out to be wrong.
Very interesting to see how they get along with the Beach, what they like better and what they'll miss from the Ocean. Looking forward to their next videos about Calis, as I couldn't care about the other big rigs they' been tooling with since they sold the Ocean.

Anyone seen ABAB latest Vlog?
Apparently they’re looking for drive away awning recommendations…
I love that they’ve gone for the Beach and also look forward to their videos about how they make it work for them.

Well done ABAB!

We found the Cali Camper family interesting and useful as like us they have a young family. Lots of useful tips too like a bbq cover for the kids car seats!
hi @Ladymuck do you know which BBQ-cover the used or in which video this was mentioned?

I thought they were on this forum. All they have to do is come and do a search on here? ;) :D :thumb
They have done awnings before. I used to watch them but they got all commercial and started promoting products and campsites for all the freebies. Travelling Togs - boring beyond belief.

Apologies for all those that liked them.