Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have you changed your lifestyle to enjoy the van more?

I have always wanted a campervan since my grandparents had one when I was at school and used to come back from their 3 month trips to Scotland or Devon and Cornwall full of stories about their adventures.
My parents both worked hard all their lives and had dreams of doing something similar but then my dad fell ill and they didn’t get to do anything they had planned.
Now I have the philosophy that life is too short and you need to make the most of it while you are young enough to enjoy the experience. I have a well payed job and should be paying extra off my mortgage but instead I choose to own a Cali and have some adventures. Work and family commitments mean that at the moment we are restricted to day trips or 2-3 days away most of the time, but we still love van life and enjoy our mini adventures.

We extended our home a few years back so my Mother-in-Law would have a space of her own. Now she is no longer with us and our kids have also left home so we rattle around using only one of 4 bedrooms, never using the living room or dining room, much preferring to spend most of our time in the kitchen. No intentions of selling but we have gone through a natural downsizing process from house to kitchen to summerhouse and now the Cali! The difference for us is the living space has got smaller while the world has grown larger!

We enjoyed life before the Cali as much as we do now ....just in a diffrent way .
You don’t need a Cali to enjoy life , you simply need joy....

I couldn't agree more.

My life after a significant loss has turned for better about two years ago when I met my current partner. We are both outdoor people and enjoy sports such as mountainbiking, alpinism, tour skiing, mountaineering. We did all of those before, now with a California everything just got much better and also easier.
The fact that after a 12 hour climb you can cook that pasta immediately when you get to the car is priceless :) And to be able to sleep comfortably at the foot of the mountain a night before - bliss.

We both have full time jobs with irregular schedules (i.e. work on most weekends and holidays as well), but we try to use California on all off days.

No I changed my life style and bought a van in 2012

Owned VW vans since 1990. I Got knocked off my bike on my way to work, broke my collar bone and used the compensation to buy my first Camper and never looked back. So always been a part of my life.

Back to work on Tuesday, then off camping again next weekend.

Today’s mission, collecting the latest Facebook marketplace purchase:

FF529E45-AAEB-4CC8-8156-2A56184677A3.jpeg

Yup - having sold our Danbury T2c (yellow) watercooled (sob!) and bought a T6 Beach I now can drive very comfortably at the speed-limit and listen to the radio at the same time! Only problem is the image - from iconic to tradesman.

Still in work writing a specification.

Back