Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing headlight lens

Hubble

Hubble

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi
My driver/left side headlight lens is cracked. Was wondering how easy it is to replace myself, anyone done it?
It’s a 2003 longnose 2.5 tdi and the headlights have adjustment motors. I’ve tried finding the part but tbh I’m a bit bamboozled. It’s Valeo , I do know that.
I’ve found some YouTube videos for short nose but this might be a bit trickier, what with motors etc.

Yup. I’ve done it for exactly the same reason. Super easy really if you know how to remove the front grille a be the headlight. The lenses are held in place by a number of spring clips.

As for finding a replacement lens you’re probably as well calling your nearest VW parts department. Don’t tell them it’s for an LHD Westfalia, that’ll just confuse things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mrcheesbrough. I guess the headlights would have been replaced for rhd units when it was imported anyway.

Thanks mrcheesbrough. I guess the headlights would have been replaced for rhd units when it was imported anyway.

No problem. It’s quite possible that they swapped the headlights when imported, I think they more likely just changed the lenses though. It’s a much cheaper option. I was lucky and found a brand new genuine one on eBay and it was a few years ago now but I payed £65.

I don’t believe you can do this on the short nose headlights, they’d need the full units replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update in case anyone needs to do this.
VW don't stock the lens anymore but can supply a complete unit for £152. They suggested VW Heritage but also discontinued there, but very helpful chap pointed me in the direction of Cali Campers (used spares company). Got the lens for £40, it's in the post. Sidelight bulb was a bit easier, Euro Car Parts, 49 pence.

How this this work out? I’ve recently changed my light to RHD lights so that they are pointing the correct way.
It’s true VW don’t stock the lenses any more. But I did see some new lights on eBay.871F467E-EAD8-43B8-9560-E78D21128C75.jpeg

FYI, right hand drive lights have the arrow under the E in the circle.

Back