Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight converter

Isn't the actual shape of the headlight exactly the same? its only the insides that are different so wouldn't the standard protectors fit?
Looking at the fitting kit there is a bracket that goes over the top of the headlight which may not suit all headlight units. note I said might.

The markings on the protector where tape attaches is probably for H4 type single headlights not the twin halogen H7 ones.
I found a set for sale and the reason for the sale was given "that they didn't fit his twin headlight H7 units".

We bought some of the internet Probably Ebay. They were a couple of quid and just stick on . I take them off as soon as we get back. Had the same type for 4 years and they haven't marked the headlamp lenses at all in any way. Just take my time taking them off. I put them on mainly to stop Plod in France and Spain giving me a fine....

Just sorting new Cali ocean for trip to Spain. How do I adjust headlights? I’ve been advised not to use the stick on ones I’ve previously used.
Check the menu on the dash. If you scroll to the TRAVEL option you can change the lights for European travel

I'd like to know too.
Just back from France & Spain -- in the end didn't change anything - probably broke some law but no-one flashed me....most of the driving was in the daytime....is this a real issue? I don't notice stickers on EU cars in UK
Only potential problem at night as uk headlights dip to left which of course shines the beam directly into oncoming traffic
I use small piece of black gaffer tape to block dipped beam beam
Costs pennies and peel off with no damage to headlights

Have never converted the lights for Europe on Cali and never had a problem in France or Spain

Back