Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated front seat repair

SailSki

SailSki

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello,
assistance please regarding a heated seat issue. (I checked the forum already but don’t see the answer.....)

How much work is it to replace the heat pad element/s in the base and rear of the driver’s seat?

Driver’s seat in our RHD 2016 Ocean 204/4m stopped heating some time ago, although the button on the dash lights up and the passenger seat heating works fine. No apparent chafing to the wires under the seat.
Took it into the VW dealer yesterday for service, cambelt/pump, brake pads, DSG oil change etc and explained what I had already identified and asked them to check out and fix the problem.
Have been charged over £80 for “diagnostics” which involves telling me what I already know and that it will be about 4 hours work to take the seat apart and replace the heating elements.

At main dealer prices that ends up very expensive to have a toasty butt.....

Any suggestions please from the esteemed and knowledgeable forum about what is involved in repairing the seat heater and if there is anyone else that can be recommended in south eastern UK (based near Guildford) or around Geneva, Switzerland?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi sailski

try these, as you have the wiring and switches already in place I would suspect they would be cheaper than a main stealer.

also

surely an original VW heater element supplied and fitted by one of the above would be considerably cheaper than main dealer ?

Back