Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

heated front window option

Peter V

Peter V

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hello folks
Anybody orderd the option as mensiond?
I mean does it defrost the window fast or is it more a anti dampning device?
Also Ive been worned that it could blurr the vision if the sun stands low
as tiny copper wires are inbedded in the glas.
Also it says "isolating glas" is it the same greenisch(sun reflecting) colour as the standard glas?
cheers
Peter

Have it on my Volvo and discovered it after two years! It is brilliant and very effective - faint multi coloured wires are seen in low sun but no problem and looks quite artistic actually but not blurred

Yes ordered on my Ocean and planning a few trips to Snowdonia and Scotland throughout the year so will be using this feature and I hate the smell of de-icer so a good choice

Works well on de-misting windows too

We have it on our T6.

It clears the screen but it is not really fast but faster than any other way!

When we first picked up the T6, we both noticed the wires but now we don't notice them at all unless we look for them. Yes, they are more obvious in low Sun but don't let that put you off.

I would order this option again.

We have it on our T6.

It clears the screen but it is not really fast but faster than any other way!

When we first picked up the T6, we both noticed the wires but now we don't notice them at all unless we look for them. Yes, they are more obvious in low Sun but don't let that put you off.

I would order this option again.
Agree with @treecity . The image below was with the park heater on for 20mins this morning. Still look solid to the windscreen inside. Popped the heated screen on and it melted the base of the snow. Quick wiper flick and clear. Same tech as my Defender which is great on frosty mornings

View media item 829

Hello folks
Anybody orderd the option as mensiond?
I mean does it defrost the window fast or is it more a anti dampning device?
Also Ive been worned that it could blurr the vision if the sun stands low
as tiny copper wires are inbedded in the glas.
Also it says "isolating glas" is it the same greenisch(sun reflecting) colour as the standard glas?
cheers
Peter
We have it on our brand new T6 , I agree fully with treecity . It has always been a source of annoyance that my volkwagen (golf,passat, transporter) windscreen was damp or even sometimes frosted on the inside in the morning as we do not have a garage for it. Ordered it on our cali and no regret. I you don't know what to look for you don't notice the wires in the windscreen. When picking up our car 10 days ago my first thought was the option was missing..
For defrosting I use the aux heater with remote control as main heating source, the heated windscreen can only be used when ignition on and clears the windscreen completely. Also usefull when driving in heavy rain or snow , no need to turn on blowers at high speed.

I had one of these on a Ford about 25 years ago.
I believe the patent has now expired.

They are very good and if I ever buy a T6 it will be on my options list.

The wires are more or less invisible. They do not affect your line of sight at all.

Ok chaps
thanks for the info
Sounds like a good investment
I hope I can back order this option .
Delivery is due end of june , should be no problem me thinks..
cheers
Peter

I'm hoping for a cold March so I can test mine out! It's always annoyed me how the windscreen freezes on the inside as well as the outside during the winter. From now on it will be a button press and a quick wipe with a sponge and away I go!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I'm hoping for a cold March so I can test mine out! It's always annoyed me how the windscreen freezes on the inside as well as the outside during the winter. From now on it will be a button press and a quick wipe with a sponge and away I go!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Don't need to be cold , it also helps getting rid of inside condensation so very handy ...had it on my LR Defender and loved it , shame it is not on my T5:(

Sent from my Galaxy S6
Never had this problem of freezing on the inside. Must be lucky.
If camping then I have good ventilation and diesel heater on. If it's not being used then I have a disposable dehumidifier inside, so never get condensation with any change in ambient temperature.

Heated screen worked great on my Defender too but was poor on the Discovery 2. I asked for it to be replaced under warranty after 6 months only to be told that a microscopic chip was the cause of a "bar code" mode of operation. (The Defender didn't seem to have this problem after 4years)

Karcher window vac is pretty handy!

Never had this problem of freezing on the inside. Must be lucky.
If camping then I have good ventilation and diesel heater on. If it's not being used then I have a disposable dehumidifier inside, so never get condensation with any change in ambient temperature.
I'm with you here WelshGas - no matter which system you have if the moisture can't get out then the issue still remains. In my estate I keep the sunroof open as often as possible. Haven't worked put what's best in the Cali yet as too soon to tell.

I'm amazed they have taken so long to catch on properly. As mentioned previously they have benn around for years. I've got one that came out of an ex works Mini in the 60s.
Wish we could have got one in Cali as the one in our Yeti is really good.

I'm with you here WelshGas - no matter which system you have if the moisture can't get out then the issue still remains. In my estate I keep the sunroof open as often as possible. Haven't worked put what's best in the Cali yet as too soon to tell.
As you have Canine friends then this might be useful. Made by Brandrup. I've got these and they work very well, very sturdy and easily fitted.
235.jpg

Or this.
https://www.reimo.com/en/461920-vw_t5_lueftungsgitter_airvent_links_f_origin/

Last edited:
Back