Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater on when driving

Newt

Newt

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello, apologies if this has been discussed but couldn’t find anything. I drive for three hours yesterday and there was massive amount of heat coming from the drivers side rear. (Aux heater area) I didn’t have it switched on and had to open windows as the low setting on air con was cooling down enough. (Windows closed for a while to try cooling)
Has anyone experienced this. Should the aux heater be blowing out hot air?
Thanks

Oops I’m on a mobile I didn’t realise where I’d put it.
I’ve got a 17plate Dsv 4 motion

Hello, apologies if this has been discussed but couldn’t find anything. I drive for three hours yesterday and there was massive amount of heat coming from the drivers side rear. (Aux heater area) I didn’t have it switched on and had to open windows as the low setting on air con was cooling down enough. (Windows closed for a while to try cooling)
Has anyone experienced this. Should the aux heater be blowing out hot air?
Thanks
According to your avatar you have a T6, first check the temperature/fan setting of the rear seat area control panel and the direction of the blown air, sometimes little hands play with the controls.
The aux heater indicator will be lite in the front control panel if it is operational and/or you have a fault and you should have it repaired under warranty.

According to your avatar you have a T6, first check the temperature/fan setting of the rear seat area control panel and the direction of the blown air, sometimes little hands play with the controls.
The aux heater indicator will be lite in the front control panel if it is operational and/or you have a fault and you should have it repaired under warranty.
I’ll check that, thanks. I’ll maybe also get it to the dealer for a look.
:)

Check the rear heater control panel to right above rear seats. probably that needs to be set to off.
Had the same prob when new, got cooked and couldn't figure out where heat was coming from.
you could set the rear temp to preset level to keep the rear warm in winter or cool in summer.
Very confusing display I found, needs a bit of 'playing' with.
The manual isn't very clear on how to operate it.

Check the rear heater control panel to right above rear seats. probably that needs to be set to off.
Had the same prob when new, got cooked and couldn't figure out where heat was coming from.
you could set the rear temp to preset level to keep the rear warm in winter or cool in summer.
Very confusing display I found, needs a bit of 'playing' with.
The manual isn't very clear on how to operate it.
Thanks I shall try that. Maybe little Fingers have been in action! It was snowing outside but I felt like the xmas turkey
Cheers

Thanks I shall try that. Maybe little Fingers have been in action! It was snowing outside but I felt like the xmas turkey
Cheers
You can control it from the dashboard. Look for the button "Rear" and that will give you the temp that the rear panel is set to. You can then adjust it using the heater control at the front.

Yippeeeee, Thanks to everyone here I managed to get back home in three hours without cooking myself like the xmas turkey!
It was the rear setting on 22deg! Although not on it was still pumping heat out.
One other question- if you turn off the heating completely it still blows through hot air, is this normal?

One other question- if you turn off the heating completely it still blows through hot air, is this normal?

I had this problem once on my '07 T5 - hot air from the front in the middle of summer! Can't remember what I did to stop it but I just fiddled with various controls and eventually got it to stop.

Back