Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux heater stopped working overnight

I have just had this problem overnight. Had to restart the vehicle for 5 mins and it would work again for a few hrs. In the manual it says “if the battery voltage drops below 11.5 volts the auxiliary heater cannot be switched on” see pg 49 under battery charger. So mine is 90% charged so I will try a new battery I think…
Ignore the %, it's the voltage that is accurate. Which vehicle do you have and how old?

2017 T6 Ocean.
What voltage is showing on the Control Panel?

The Ocean has 2 Leisure Batteries .

Can you measure the voltage on each battery and check the Cube fuse on the rear Leisure Battery. You will need to disconnect the red lead on the rear battery and measure the voltage of the rear battery +tve pole to -tve pole and front battery measure between removed red lead to -tve pole on rear battery.

I had the same problem when we did not have an electric hook up. Leisure batteries only last 2 without starting the van. I fitted a solar panel to increase the time, but not tested off grid since I fitted it.

So in the end I bought two new batteries. Halfords installed them although they needed me to share this link on how to do it as they rarely fit leisure batteries in Cali’s

Back