Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating question

F

Fish82

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have just bought a California Beach T6 and I don’t have the heating system/battery level indicator panel above the rear view mirror.
I am going skiing in it soon and have a hook up booked.
How do I heat the cab through the night when it’s hooked up?

Regards

Probably an oil filled heater, if you gave a plug socket, but I don't have a Beach so you might get a better answer.

can you include a photo of the panel above your mirror? you don't get a battery indicator in a beach. but you should see a display showing the time or date which are the controls for the auxiliary eberspacher air heater with 4 buttons saying on set timer and something else. I'm using memory now.also in your drivers door pillar it tells you if you have the heater fitted. should say webasto AND eberspacher. if there's nothing there you don't have it. your best way forward here is hookup and a oil radiator

Convection heaters are better than fan heater because they’re silent but need careful placement for safe effective heating (I use one in my boat)

We used oil filled too, fan heaters can feel more effective but can be a bit loud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started with a small electric radiator from Argos with my first T5 conversion before fitting a permanent gas / electric heater. Top tip for cold weather camping is to keep the roof down if you’re not using the upstairs - amazingly warmer!

Likewise my current Beach came without the optional factory diesel heater & I was able to get one retrofitted under the drivers seat with a simple thermostat dial control on the drivers B-pillar.

I started with a small electric radiator from Argos with my first T5 conversion before fitting a permanent gas / electric heater. Top tip for cold weather camping is to keep the roof down if you’re not using the upstairs - amazingly warmer!

Likewise my current Beach came without the optional factory diesel heater & I was able to get one retrofitted under the drivers seat with a simple thermostat dial control on the drivers B-pillar.
Hi can I ask the cost of this? Thanks

Club sell these, and even a smaller version I think. I never found oil filled radiators gave off enough heat unless quite large. Especially in a beach which isn't insulated.

Back