Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all!

Penn

Penn

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi everyone,

We are collecting our 68 plate Beach 150 DSG on Wednesday. It will be my wife's daily vehicle with our 3 children (3,5&6) on the school run. Then as many adventures as possible!

Really pushed the budget as we plan on keeping the beach for essentially ever. Previous owner was VW 4k miles and the poptop, chairs, never used. The upper mattress still plastic wrapped. We'll be looking to join team two tone, going to wrap the upper in white. Just trying to decide if I will leave the poptop bamboo or not....20190913_101241.jpg

Welcome, nice idea re the wrap, I feel the pop top/ roof should also be white.
I agree in an ideal world would do the roof too, looking to do the wrap myself so would cut cost and logistically simpler. Also my awning and rail are black so concerned they might look odd with white either side of them. I can always do the top half and if not happy continue and do the roof also

Really like that colour! You did well to find an ex VW in that colour.... We had a quote for half a wrap at £1400 and full £2500 but that’s down south where it all seems inflated.
FWIW i would do the roof.

Really like that colour! You did well to find an ex VW in that colour.... We had a quote for half a wrap at £1400 and full £2500 but that’s down south where it all seems inflated.
FWIW i would do the roof.
We didn't set out for the colour, the spec and deal were the attraction and the colour is growing on us! Seen people say around 800 on here I think for a half wrap but had a look and can do it miles cheaper myself and I like to try things

Hi everyone,

We are collecting our 68 plate Beach 150 DSG on Wednesday. It will be my wife's daily vehicle with our 3 children (3,5&6) on the school run. Then as many adventures as possible!

Really pushed the budget as we plan on keeping the beach for essentially ever. Previous owner was VW 4k miles and the poptop, chairs, never used. The upper mattress still plastic wrapped. We'll be looking to join team two tone, going to wrap the upper in white. Just trying to decide if I will leave the poptop bamboo or not....View attachment 50766
Welcome onboard

We too have a Beach with 3 kids (6, 6 and 8) and use it as a daily driver, great purchase and great fun.....until the kids kick off

Enjoy

Hi everyone,

Really pushed the budget as we plan on keeping the beach for essentially ever. Previous owner was VW 4k miles and the poptop, chairs, never used. The upper mattress still plastic wrapped. We'll be looking to join team two tone, going to wrap the upper in white. Just trying to decide if I will leave the poptop bamboo or not....View attachment 50766
Welcome
Lovely vehicle, we do like the Bamboo Green it changes colour in different light, sometimes it looks blue.

Welcome
Lovely vehicle, we do like the Bamboo Green it changes colour in different light, sometimes it looks blue.
Our Ocean is in Bamboo Green and couldn’t agree more about how it can look very different in different lights. I know I am a little biased, but you don’t see many and I think it is a great colour.

Hi everyone,

Definitely a Nice colour
Reminds me of my mk1 gti’s I had in Lhasa green

Forgot to mention my other concern with wrapping the poptop is how it might affect the roof corrosion issue, don't want to be in a position down the line where VW are refusing to sort corrosion due to my wrap

@Penn just beat me to it. You mustn’t wrap the roof while you might be covered by VW for roof corrosion problems (which is to say perhaps 6 years). By which time, 2 tones will be out of fashion (I’ll get my coat).

Forgot to mention my other concern with wrapping the poptop is how it might affect the roof corrosion issue, don't want to be in a position down the line where VW are refusing to sort corrosion due to my wrap

Perversely Wrapping may actually prevent the corrosion issue , similar to the tape applied by VW as a preventative action !

If a problem was observed with corrosion to the roof, the wrap could be removed by a competent company !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perversely Wrapping may actually prevent the corrosion issue , similar to the tape applied by VW as a preventative action !

If a problem was observed with corrosion to the roof, the wrap could be removed by a competent company !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I admire your optimism!

20190925_130821.jpg

Collected today! Absolutely in love! The side bars were a good choice I think but the roof bars need to go for something lower level. I wanted rails with the straight across bars but no stock!

Why not wrap the lower half in white? Then you have a unique vehicle.

Don't know if it would look good or not?

Back