Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello All

E

edvarski

Just thought I'd say Hi to everyone.

I'm just trying to spec up a new Cali Beach purchase, and having lots of fun researching already. Hoping the Cali will live up to the excitement when we finally get hold of one!

I've been talking to a couple of dealers about the options, and wondered if any owners have any experience of the standard air con versus the 3-zone climatic air con upgrade? One of the dealers suggested I might want to look into this when I explained how I was to use the vehicle, as he said it can take a while for the rear of the Cali to get cool on a hot day. Anyone noticed this as an issue?

I intend to use this as my everyday vehicle, so will be using it for all sorts of journeys as well as a lot of adventures, and we have two boys aged 5 and 7, so it is quite important for harmonious journeys to make sure they are comfortable in the back!

Any advice welcome.

Hi Edvarksi,

Not sure whether you've already taken the plunge but the rear blower with the standard aircon doesn't vent air conditioned air so he's right, it does take longer to cool. Having said that when you return to a hot vehicle the side door and tailgate allow you to create a huge through draft to move the hot air and then with the aircon on full tilt in the front it will cool down relatively quickly. Having said that I've never taken it abroad so if you're undecided and the budget can hack it it may be worth opting for.

Regards

Matt

I would always spec climatic 3 zone as it will help sell it should you need to.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk