Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all

J

jerrythegerman

VIP Member
Hello, thought I'd introduce myself rather than just diving onto the forum to find out what I need to know!!

My names David and we (My wife a and Daughters) have a Jan 07 California 174.

We have had it about 18 months now and bought is second hand from Cardiff (we live near warrington). The previous owner was the actress Nichola Reynolds (Nicki in Ideal, alongside Johnny Vegas). Sort of recognised here but wasnt sure until we spoke about it!

It's in Shadow Metalic blue and was ordered with lots of options, namely with a dealer fitted sportline kit from new (bar the rear spoiler as it has the bike rack). It also came with loads of the brandrup extra's (totallying a over £1000!) incuding the fabric seat cover's, extra matress, fly screens, seat tidy's, toilet and tray. It's the auto too, which I love.

It came with just under 30k on the clock, weve added another 20 to that now!

It gets used for day's out, weekends camping, a holiday to Ill de Rae last year and I use it to tow my classic Cooper s rally car too. It's also my daily driver.

I was going to but a new one (we sold our split to fund it) but was unsure about the 2.0 4 pot on towing. We have it in our Golf GT and its great, but wasnt sure how it would perform. Whilst muling this over, this Cali popped up for sale and it had all the bit's I couldn't afford to tick in the options box and was still cheaper.

It was a no brainer and I havn't looked back.

I have had it remapped at Pendle and now it around 205-210 HP but with even more torque, but still does ok to the gallon if I dont drive it too fast!!

We love it and it ticks all the boxes. Doing some weekends away this year in it and the hopefully off to the Alps next summer, work permitting.

Just need to sort the heater issue out (what I joined the forum for!!)

Till then, Cheers David.

Sounds like a cracking bit of kit you have. Hope Kev's info on your heater helped! All I know is ours is toasty warm when it is on!!

Look forward to further contributions from you as you will have a wealth of experience..

Cheers
Iain

Hello and thanks for the warm reply.

Not sure about the wealth of experience but will help where I can.

I've looked at the link and its pretty much what I did.

Since then (this morning!) I've contacted a local (ish) mobile chap who does work on webasto night heaters. He is going to ring me tonight with a veiw to getting it resolved. Hopefuly this will do the trick. The rest of the van works fine and I had a bit of a quiet morning so I polished it up for the year!!

Next out in the lakes at easter (there is a duck race that's just brilliant at Glenridding and my little un loves ducks!!)

The heater would be good for then, as it can get a bit cold at the flick of a switch up there!